New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Everyone is going to have their own favorites. Last year I shot the NAP 3 blade bloodrunner, this year its the NAP Spitfire Edge. Of all the broadheads that I have shot out of my Z7, the Spitfire is the only one that I did not need to tune one little bit out to 40yrds. So for this year, this one is my favorite, and may remaine, my favorite.

·
Registered
381 Posts
After a few years of shooting 100's....I went back to 125 gr for two reasons...better kinetic energy and better FOC (front of center) as I switched to shrinkwrap 4 inch vane tubes for ease of repair and overall greater stability. A slightly heavier arrow is quieter off the string, definately has better penetration (important on a less than perfect shot), and is every bit as accurate...as long as you know the distance your shooting. IMHO the flat shooting/speed hype is highly over-rated. It compensates to some degree for misjudging distance between 25 ad 40, but ussually the quest for speed and lightweight arrows/broadheads results in erratic shooting. ANY broadhead will do the trick on a perfect shot....but some work far better than others on the less than perfect shots (i.e shoulder blade). Thats the broadhead I want, just in case, so I use G5 Montecs at 125 gr.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I agree with Labradorlad, I switch to 125 grain head this winter. I find my groups have gotten better, my foc is around 18 now and arrows flying better then ever for me anyways. As far as what head to use, lots of options ou there for sure. I gave up the mechanicals a few years ago, I now shot VPA heads. Nuthen out there better in my opinion this head has it all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.