New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother inlaw shot a big buck yesterday at around 5:15. He was cold and left his stand and on the way home the big boy was standing on a trail on the hydro line. The buck weighed 240 with the heart and lungs in. Longest main beam is 26 inches, bases are 5 2/8, longest tine is 10 3/8 and inside spread is 22 6/8. It scores 159 6/8 as a gross non typical.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Awesome. Great looking buck. The ear to ear smile says it all! Did you help with the drag nbbuck? I hope that was an easy one given it was close to the hydro. What a pig.
No I had to take my daughter to dance so my nephew helped him load it in his 4 runner. No dragging needed as he dropped right on the trail.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Tell your B.I.L Congrats NBB!! now "that" is what a "Happy" hunter looks like!! "Awesome"! He must have nearly fainted when he got up close to it!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I guess we still have a few big bucks in NB
Congratulations by the way that is one nce deer!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Great looking buck. By the look of the trees around him it looks like the Irvings have been there... If that's the case it's nice to see some big bucks still thriving within those plantations.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great looking buck. By the look of the trees around him it looks like the Irvings have been there... If that's the case it's nice to see some big bucks still thriving within those plantations.
That buck was shot on a piece of Crabbe land which come had come up naturally. They thinned it years back. It's a beuatiful piece of woods that come back naturally with a ton of feed and cover. I wish this would be the standard for all the cuts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts