New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd say this week there are going to be the most mature deer shot this fall.I had a guy bring me a big 5 yr old or more 8 point for a head mount this morn and said he was just driving a woods road and looked off in the woods and the deer stood there with a doe, let him load his gun get out and shoot him.He said the deer was only 60-70 yards away.
I also leave my camera on my dads apples most of the fall to help him know whats coming in and have pictures of a heavy racked 8 point from the previous two years in his apples.Well he followed a doe into my neighbors apple pile this morn a 9 o'clock and he dropped him, hes at least 5 and has alot of mass with the exact same frame and shape, he also broke of the same brow that he did 2 yrs ago.
My dad asked me to go check his camera for him because the does he has coming in have been spookish and jumpy this week, i checked it this morning and he had a real nice ten point come in thurs evening at 7:30, thats the evening he thought the does were acting so funny.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd say this week there are going to be the most mature deer shot this fall.I had a guy bring me a big 5 yr old or more 8 point for a head mount this morn and said he was just driving a woods road and looked off in the woods and the deer stood there with a doe, let him load his gun get out and shoot him.He said the deer was only 60-70 yards away.
I also leave my camera on my dads apples most of the fall to help him know whats coming in and have pictures of a heavy racked 8 point from the previous two years in his apples.Well he followed a doe into my neighbors apple pile this morn a 9 o'clock and he dropped him, hes at least 5 and has alot of mass with the exact same frame and shape, he also broke of the same brow that he did 2 yrs ago.
My dad asked me to go check his camera for him because the does he has coming in have been spookish and jumpy this week, i checked it this morning and he had a real nice ten point come in thurs evening at 7:30, thats the evening he thought the does were acting so funny.
Its the best time now bud, until next sat, when i had the time the last week was always the best for me.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so Tom, i'll be hunting the last 6 days, looks like snow where i'll be for the last three days if the forcast dont change things should be good for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My bro in law and I hunted near Havelock. He had a shot on a 14pt. The buck just stood there gazing at the scope. He missed. Tested the rifle and the scope was off 2" at 50yrds. Buck was about 250 away. Not saying human error didn't also play a part.

Went back this morning and he shot a 5pt. Same distance. Not a trophy but will make for nice minute steaks.

As for me, I made a decoy earlier this fall out of plywood. Used a projector for the silhouette and painted it by hand. Turned out nice. Nice enough that it got shot at today. I watched froma safe distance as 2 hunters stared and stared at it and then shot at it. Funny man, it was funny. We had a good laugh together after the smoke cleared.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have never had much luck the last week but I have 4 days to get it done so lets hope a big boy comes strolling through my area

1 - 6 of 6 Posts