New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the looks of all the bucks on cam the big boys are starting to roam had two real nice deer last year, no sign of them yet all one can do is hope.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Full moon this week,last year full moon was first week of gun season the bucks i was watching last year as well as others who had pics of same deer agreed they hit the trail day or two after full moon.got pics of one of them this year eight point with kicker ,same tine is split this year.Very wide rack.Maybe they will be week early this year.Sons buck this vear was smelling abit and neck swelled.

G

·
Starting to see a few scrapes pop up here and there as well. Set my camera up on one yesterday as it was the freshest of a series of 4 in a row on a subtle trail I know they use every year, all within about 70 yards of each other. Dropped a little dominant buck lure (thats what the bottle says it it LOL) in to create a little confusion for the owner...see if he gets agitated and re-establishes his territory.

Will check Saturday.

As I recall, last year on opening day of rifle season, I had 3 different bucks pose for a camera just after dark/midnight...none of which I had any pictures of all fall. It was interesting to see new bucks popping up and apparently "roaming" that early, and all on the same night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts