New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42mm w/ BP reticle today and mounted it on my T3 HB Varmit and am VERY pleased w/ the clarity & sharpness of it.
This is my first Burris scope, after hearing so much about them I figured I mosewell try one.
I generally use Bushnell 32,42 and 6500's(except a Luppy VX-3 20mm on my 7600 carbine)
It definitly has the 3200 beat(not that a 3200 is junk by any means), and I'm gonna say its every bit as clear as the 4200's...
A Fine Product Indeed For The $$ Spent!!

G

·
Wonsky I'd like your opinionion...

I had myself talked into buying a Fullfield II but then looked through one my buddy had bought. I didn't get a good look at the glass, but I didn't like the reticle at all. He has an older Vari-X III and he likes the Fullfield II, but he kind of wishes he bought the Monarch. It sounds like you like the glass.

I've got a VX-II and a Nikon Prostaff... How do you think the Fullfield II compares? BTW I'm not a fan of Bushnell, not their cheap crap, and not their good stuff.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Wonsky I'd like your opinion...

I've got a VX-II and a Nikon Prostaff... How do you think the Fullfield II compares?
Are you talking about one of the newer Vx scopes or the older ones? I have a new VX-3 1.5-5x20mm on my 7600 carbine and its just an awesome scope(but you get wah ya pay for)

As for the Prostaff...
I just mounted one on my new Marlin SBL and havent got around to sighting it in yet, but I'm very happy with the optics for the $180 price range!!

The Burris Fullfield II right now is the best bang for your buck on the market for mid-teir scopes. Although lots will argue the 3200s and 4200s are(and theres nothing wrong with neither of them, even though you dont like them
)
I have 3 or 4 of them on my rifles, but just wanted to try different brands to compare.

Everybody wants/see's/likes something different, thats wah keeps the market going!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got 2 of the older model 6x18 "Fullfield" with target knobs. They were kinda pricey at the time but they have stood up over last 10 years. Last scope I bought was couple 3 years ago. A VX 3 8.5x25. Old Burris's are not even comparable. My son has a Weatherby 30.06 that came with a Bushnell 3200 3x9 ,YUCK, after having the Burris and VX3 .

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got 2 of the older model 6x18 "Fullfield" with target knobs. They were kinda pricey at the time but they have stood up over last 10 years. Last scope I bought was couple 3 years ago. A VX 3 8.5x25. Old Burris's are not even comparable. My son has a Weatherby 30.06 that came with a Bushnell 3200 3x9 ,YUCK, after having the Burris and VX3 .
Yes the new Fullfield II are alot better then the originals!!

G

·
The Leupold is a newer VX-II (I believe similar to the older Vari-X III -- is that right?). I hope to be buried with it.
I was able to pick up the Prostaff 3x9x40 on sale for $100. It's the best cheap scope I've been able to find. I can tell already it's not as good as the Leupold around the edges and in low light. On a bright sunny day she don't make no difference.

I'm a little afraid to look through anything better than the VX-II, as I might get a taste for even better glass.

Does Burris still have a deal going on where you buy the scope, and they throw in binoculars or a spotting scope for free?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does Burris still have a deal going on where you buy the scope, and they throw in binoculars or a spotting scope for free?
They may at different store's I'm not sure, you'd have to check.
If ya ever get the chance look through a Zeiss or Minox!!

G

·
The only time I looked through glass like that, I was in Douglastown looking across the bay -- I could see every crack in the Weyerhauser mill.... Unfortunately it came true.

I put the binocs down because I knew it would cost me $1000.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have heard great things about Burris optics. When I was on the look out for a scope, Burris was on the contender list.

When I bought my scope, I went with Nikon and that was back in 1995/96. The scope is still as good as the day I bought it. Back then, I don't remember if the company had any models except the one I bought.

When I am ready to buy another scope, I will give the Burris another gander but boys, I will have a hard time passing up on purchasing another Nikon, Monarch, specifically.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I am ready to buy another scope, I will give the Burris another gander but boys, I will have a hard time passing up on purchasing another Nikon, Monarch, specifically.
You'll have no problem at all comparing the Fullfield II to the Monarch I'm sure!
It has the buckmaster series beat(mid range nikon) hands down,as well as the 4200 elite IMO.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes the new Fullfield II are alot better then the originals!!
Never said newer model was better than original. I have heard that the next model up "Black diamond" are not as good of quality as the original. They cost less than they used to, go figure.

Like I said I have had over 10 years with my Burris scopes and they have been good to me. I am sure you will like your Burris for a long time. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I looked pretty hard at the Nikon and Burris before I bought my Leupold VX-L, actually if I have found the right Nikon I would have bought it over the Leupold as I think the glass is better. I have some of the newer Nikon optics in binos and they have great glass, I guess it comes from being in the camera business so long first. Buddy of mine had some steiners and the nikons were every bit as good. I wouldn't hesitate to buy their scopes.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have never ''seen'' anything more debated than riflescopes!
I have a burris bd, about 6yrs old, so far so good and I crank the knobs everytime I use it.
I also think glass is really debatable because eveyones eyes are different.
They say one in five men have some level of color blindnes,lol.
I will say it's a good thing that just like cars that we got a taste of the euro and japanse market, or we would still be driving junk, same for scopes!
I also think that glass is improved on only slightly as price goes up, what really interest me is the quality of the internals, I think this is what really separates nightforce,march, etc from the bushnell tasco stuff.
cdog.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts