New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havn't got any pics, but the whole community is watching and talking about these bears in our community.Our local farmers have been planting more and more corn yearly and with that there has been more and more bears being seen and the farmers are talking about them back corners of the fields being mauled down by them more each year.Well one of the farmers has started cutting corn silage and i heard that there was 14 bears out in a field about a mile from my house so i had to check it out the other night.There was 12 out there that night a sight i'd never expect.There has been a constant audience parked along the road every evening watching these bears try to get ready for winter with some people starting to worry.I can see a problem in the making but cant do much about it this year..I'll try to get some pics..Its like i'm living on the base..LOL

·
Registered
925 Posts
With all those bears there should be a good one in there somewhere.

·
Banned
348 Posts
Craig 1985, are you going to drive from Woodstock to hunt beers in BC? If your that keen, I can show you where the bears are/hang out as I sometimes hunt deer in this spot. There is another bear hunter less than 1 km away though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I live on the way towards millville. So its only 30 minute drive for me. and i am keen because we are due to have a baby any day now, so my hunting time may get cut short before I know it!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They havn't been out in the fields as much as they were a couple weeks ago, and havn't heard anyone talking about them but they are still close.If you want to shoot a bear i'd advise you to take a day and go for a drive to CFB gagetown, you wont be disappointed, trust me and the other hunters of this site.If the open country to the left of the Petersville Hill Overpass on the way to SJ is open you'll probably see something you never saw before..RR P.S. thats no better area than the others but the more open country you cant get on while there the better opportunity you'll have..

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have to get a pass at Petersville hill or the Range control off ice or one other gate, they will tell you what zones are open..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts