New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at these on ebay and there calling one a short action and then theres another with a longer looking tube, why the diff???? is it a long action for long action rifles and short for short action or something else??/?Help me out..The short action is a little cheaper to buy too...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Looking at these on ebay and there calling one a short action and then theres another with a longer looking tube, why the diff???? is it a long action for long action rifles and short for short action or something else??/?Help me out..The short action is a little cheaper to buy too...
Kev did ya check Bushnell's website???
My guess would be the shorter ones are for like a shotgun ya know. Most scope manufactuers usually make a model or 2 for use with shotgun, and its always shorter. Hope This Helps Ya Pal!!

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Get the longer tube. I have one in Elite 4200 3-9x40mm and I've got to say it's been used quite a bit the last 4 years in all kinds of weather, the Rainguard held to its reputation. My brother has a 2.5- 10 x 50mm, even sweeter.

Good shopping.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Yeah there were a few boys sh*ting on the Bushnells earlier and I didn't have time to jump in. I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x50mm and my buddy has a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 mm. The larger aperture on my 50 mm makes for letting a pile more light in during low light conditions. If we are ever out hunting together the comparison side by side in dim light is amazing. Oh yeah, get your mind out of thinking I am talking outside of legal time as well!! I mean just after legal opens and just before legal closes especially on overcast days. Same as Bulls said, the Rainguard in the last 4 years with mine has held up great. However, I didn't use it this past season at all which would have been a great test for any scope given all the rain we got.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Check out the model numbers, then go to swfa.com and look at the dimensions.
I dont know what model you are after, but I would spend my money on a zeiss conquest, vortex viper or sightron big sky first,
Cdog.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Check out the model numbers, then go to swfa.com and look at the dimensions.
I dont know what model you are after, but I would spend my money on a zeiss conquest, vortex viper or sightron big sky first,
Cdog.
Cdog...I've been told they are having trouble lately with the Vortex's!!
Hope they get it figured out, cause they are great scopes 4 shore!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Cdog...I've been told they are having trouble lately with the Vortex's!!
Hope they get it figured out, cause they are great scopes 4 shore!!
The pre~production pst's were found to have three degress of reticle rotation, the company realized that was unaceptable, and delayed release untill it was 100% resolved, american company working for your trust, how can you beat that?
I dont think there is anything wrong with the bushnells, I simply think there is better glass(zeiss,no contest) for the buck.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info and opinions, i'll probably end up with the Bushnell though i checked out the Zeiss and the same scope is $700 plus and the bushnell is between 300-400.No interest in paying that for a scope..RR

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The pre~production pst's were found to have three degress of reticle rotation, the company realized that was unaceptable, and delayed release untill it was 100% resolved, american company working for your trust, how can you beat that?
I dont think there is anything wrong with the bushnells, I simply think there is better glass(zeiss,no contest) for the buck.
Ya I was referring to the Vortex Crossfires...the lowest end one of of the 3 they offer(diamondback being in the middle and viper on top)
Pretty sure nbdeerhunter on this site had issues with a Crossfire!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Ya I was referring to the Vortex Crossfires...the lowest end one of of the 3 they offer(diamondback being in the middle and viper on top)
Pretty sure nbdeerhunter on this site had issues with a Crossfire!!
Did they take care of it?

·
Registered
90 Posts
My father just bought a new Vortex Viper 2.5-10X50 this past fall. Beautiful clear scope but I do not find the eye relief overly generous, he is disappointed with the eye relief as well.

I have an Elite 6500 and love it, the Elites all around are the best scopes for the money IMHO.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not sure how he made out with them pal
He broke the elevation turred off and I believe the replaced the scope, no questions asked. Vortex does have a very good warranty!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just ordered two (3-9X50 Elites with Firefly and 600DOA reticles) off ebay =.Sent to my house for $560--Hows that

·
Registered
797 Posts
I tried to help the locals today and actually offered $650 for 2 of the same scopes but didn't get a response quick enough.When i decide i want something i have to have it.I made the offer to a local dealer and then felt guilty about trying to beat him down so much off his price and yet still bought them $100 cheaper than the low price i offered.
P.S. Today i also met a local fella who told me of his buck he got last fall and its at Dale Robinsons, thats not local but i will be ok with it...LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts