New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year i bought a savage 116 fcss in a 270wsm witch a am very pleased with and i put a bushnell elite 3200 with the doa600 reticle and is was sighted in last year with in 7 shots. But this year i shot 22 shots and i left the range with it not sighted in. I was not a happy camper but i did not want to waste anymore shells because they are not cheep. I was wondering what you guys thought? In my opinion the scope is junk. Any suggestions what kind of scope i should get to put on it ??

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
check the screws on the rings and mounts and if they are tight send the scope back. 3200 should hold up fine on your gun. the 3200 4200 and 6500 series from Bushnell are all good scopes ( I don't own any but thinking about the 2.5-16 6500 series for my ultra mag this winter.)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I think you posted in the wrong thread section
Saying that NBDH is right they are good scopes and my brother has a 3200 on his .270 and it works great. I get a little more clarity in my leupold but nothing wrong with the bushnell.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha the barrel was not to hot but i forgot to mention that it was quiet windy that day too. but i am going to check my mounts for sure thanks for the help

·
Registered
495 Posts
Some of the upper end Bushnell scopes are good, but personally I rate them with Tasco. I prefer Leupold, Zeiss, or thinking of trying one of the scopes from King Optics.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Some of the upper end Bushnell scopes are good, but personally I rate them with Tasco. I prefer Leupold, Zeiss, or thinking of trying one of the scopes from King Optics.
Bushnell owns the rights to Tasco, so rating them together is obvious and common. On the other hand, the upper end scope such as the Elites (Formerly Bausch and Lomb scopes, now carry the Bushnell name) are real gems. Bushnell has a huge range in quality, so grouping them all in as Walmart throwaways isn't an accurate assessment.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I thought Bushnell bought out Tasco or vis versa?
wardo said:
Bushnell has a huge range in quality, so grouping them all in as Walmart throwaways isn't an accurate assessment.
I was not referring to the nicer 'upper end' ones. but it was a comment that most of the lower end Bushnells are no better than Tasco, and yes, Bushnell owns Tasco. I might put a Tasco on my pellet gun.. if it was given to me.. .perhaps

When it comes to optics, you get what you pay for. A 'good quality' scope is going to cost more than $100, and likely more than $300. A "REALLY" good quality scope is $1000. There is a noted difference when you use them, eye relief, resolution and fuzzing, light gathering, cross-hair thickness, whether or not you can 'see' the cross-hairs at first or last light. I have used both, lower end and high end, and I appreciate the higher end for optics.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have $1000.00+ Leupold VX-L on my Remington 700 and I compared it against my brothers bushnell elite 3200 earlier this summer.
I don't think the Leupolds much clearer but I can get about 10 minutes more on the tail end of the evening with the Leupold but then again its a 50mm as compared to his 40mm 3200 bushnell. Mind you the 3200 is good till the end of legal time so I don't know how much that would help
. Leupold has the better warranty as bushnells lifetime warranty is only good in the US. Both seemed to track well but I can't say how they would stand to heavy use but most guys are only going to set it once for the most part and then leave it.
Saying all that I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 3200 bushnell elite at 1/4 the cost (or less) for a deer rifle.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
plus the bushnell has rain guard which could help around here lately!!!!!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
bushnells lifetime warranty is only good in the US.
Is this something new? I've returned scopes to Bushnell before, even one that was "tampered" with by my great uncle attempting to fix it, and I've found their support for the warranty to be more than helpful. Given the choice, I'd of course go with Leupold, but I do have a Trophy on my .308 that I've had nothing but good luck with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts