New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year i bought a savage 116 fcss in a 270wsm witch a am very pleased with and i put a bushnell elite 3200 with the doa600 reticle and is was sighted in last year with in 7 shots. But this year i shot 22 shots and i left the range with it not sighted in. I was not a happy camper but i did not want to waste anymore shells because they are not cheep. I was wondering what you guys thought? In my opinion the scope is junk. Any suggestions what kind of scope i should get to put on it ??

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Last year i bought a savage 116 fcss in a 270wsm witch a am very pleased with and i put a bushnell elite 3200 with the doa600 reticle and is was sighted in last year with in 7 shots. But this year i shot 22 shots and i left the range with it not sighted in. I was not a happy camper but i did not want to waste anymore shells because they are not cheep. I was wondering what you guys thought? In my opinion the scope is junk. Any suggestions what kind of scope i should get to put on it ??
Go to the SWFA forum called opticstalk, every scope imaginable is bashed, praised etc... I would say vortex or sightron are top pics for a workin mans budget...

·
Registered
129 Posts
jeffery,
i'd take the scope off and make sure the mount screws and the ring screws were tight before i went and bought a new scope. that has happened to scott before. i used locktite on them.
i've heard people talk about how clear the elite series scopes are but never anyone talk about quality or durabilaty. i got a bushnell legend on my 300 and i liked it so much that i bought one for the 22-250. you can come look at it if you can't remember it. i got it at walmart for about 200 bucks i think
did you bore site it again when you got home? i found the gun vise in the garage after you guys had left, you can borrow it next time if you want
corey

·
Banned
116 Posts
I just purchased a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 BDC , and I love it, Very clear, There is a dealer in Moncton, I got mine at Wholesale Sports, $239.95

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
check the screws on the rings and mounts and if they are tight send the scope back. 3200 should hold up fine on your gun. the 3200 4200 and 6500 series from Bushnell are all good scopes ( I don't own any but thinking about the 2.5-16 6500 series for my ultra mag this winter.)

vortex are decent I have one on my 22-250 dealer is Sussex sells them also.
depending on how much you want to spend the list is endless

I would check other things first though

·
Registered
126 Posts
cor

I tried dads borescope but i could not figure out cause its one of the magnitic ones so i bought one from cabelas cananda with the pins it should be here friday or next week sometime. and thanks to the other replys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts