New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to buy a rifle for deer season was looking at cabelas and they got those savage edges for $329 and locally there $399. Does anyone know how long it takes to get orders from cabelas?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
when you factor in the shipping these 2 prices are pretty much the same so you can go buy it locally and not be out any more money

·
Registered
699 Posts
Make sure they are in stock at Cabelas...I know the 22-250s are back ordered.

Most local guys will match...as mentioned above.

·
Registered
129 Posts
like nbdeerhunter said the shipping should be about the same. my cousin ordered one from cabelas and it got damaged in shipping. he had to send it back, wait for them to receive it, verify it was damaged then wait for another one to be shipped again. i would buy it locally. it helps out the economy plus you get to put your hands on it and make sure its comfortable for you and suits your taste.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked out how much it would cost from cabelas it comes to $402 after shipping and tax. better buy sports in moncton is $399 before tax so around a $60 difference. Im gonna go see better buy and see if he will take $420 if not il just order from cabelas. Last time I was at betterbuy he said he would be getting those savage edges soon its been 2 weeks and they still dont got them. how far is mcadam from moncton?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I ordered a .30-06 from Cabela's a few years ago. It was only 2 weeks for the gun to arrive. The shipping was approx $25, I believe.

I usually try to buy locally if there isn't too much difference in the price. Buying locally also saves on the chance of a firearm being damanged during shipping!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I understand trying to buy local, I am all for that. The problem I have is over paying to shop local. The retailers use to tell us that things were more expensive because of exchange and shipping. Now with this gloabal market at our finger tips we find it quite different. I can order from accross the world pay the exchange and inflated shipping cost and still save money. Now a business owner that uses the old excuse has no grounds to stand on. They ship more then one item at a time from there supplier therefore spreading the shipping cost accross numerous products and I am sure they have accounts with shipping companies therefore lowering the shipping cost verses someone like myself who pays full price.
Sorry for the rant but this is just my opinion. I have time and time again tried to support local shops and only get dissapointed with service more times then not.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
check with Ross in McAdam, he will hook you up and probably match the Cabela's price with shipping factored in.
I bought my 22-250 from Ross and paid the same as if I ordered it and had to cover shipping.
Drive isn't that bad plus you get to see one of the better firearm selection in the province.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts