New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanna let you all know I hate canadian tire. mid august they had a deal on wildview trail cameras in there flyer 2 for $119 regular $199 or something like that. So i hurry down to CT only to find out there all sold out and the guy in the sports section says they only had very few to begin with. so I ask for a rain check guy says sure thing and tells me I will get a call sept 12. guess what i get no call so i decide to call them after talking to 3 different people I find out they are getting more on october 22nd but the girl says she cant guarantee that I will get one of those because there is a big list of people waiting for a rain check. Seems like they put sweet deals in the flyer just to get you in the store. Im betting many people go into the store looking for such items and dont know that they can even get a rain check.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Of course they put on sweet deals to get you in the store, why else would they put on sweet deals. Not because they like you and want to sell you something really cheap cause they want to save you all the money they can. Its a business and the name of the game is get the customer in the store with the advertised special and if he buys it make sure he leaves with something else...anything else..
Having said that, its kind of important that you actually have what ever it is you are advertising.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah I used to be in retail and it's very common to put something on sale at a ridiculous price, but only have two or three in stock, then pray they don't ask for a rain check and that they leave with something else, hopefully at twice the price, or more to the point, twice or triple the markup.
It's called a "loss leader."
A few years ago it was made illegal in Canada to put stuff on sale without having sufficient stock to cover the sale.
If more people would complain to the FEDERAL dept. of consumer and corporate affairs, we might see less of this sillyness.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Canadian Tire is famous for not having enough in stock. I've been ticked off enough times that I only go there now if they have something I really need and can't get somewhere else. They got me again today though. They had leather work gloves for $3 - regular $19.99. The sale started today and I was there at 4 pm - no gloves left. The guy I talked to said it was because there were people buying 20 or 30 pairs at a time.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I fell into some money one day. Hooray! Went to CT to buy an insulated camo outfit and hang the price. Being poor my whole life, for once I was gonna be able to buy the best.
Long story short, no prices on any of their outfits, and no one there could tell me what they cost.
Off to War Surplus. Got insulated coveralls for $10 in khaki green. Splashed some brown paint on 'em. Instant camo hunting outfit, and $300+ left over to play with. Everyone on the marsh stops me to say, "Hey, COOL camo outfit!" LOL!

SOmetimes their stupidity pays off. Last visit they had a fire resistant hunter orange rain suit with the bright safety reflectors in a bin. No price. (THis is the real deal rain suit, about $89 at Brnswick fyre and Safety, for example.) I got mad at some poor clerk. He looked at it and said, "Aw, it's just an old rain suit. Gimme $5." Ha! Done deal!

It's hard to be too critical of them since the company I work for ain't too bright at times, too. CTC can be great. Often, though, they're not so great. It's too bad.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I was in the same boat as Grunt, today. I wanted to buy gloves and what a surprise, they were gone! Generally speaking, I have had good luck with CT but don't want to say it too loud or I will jinx myself!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I found those camera's in Sussex last week, they are the flash type, they had 2 packs. Even though I had a raincheck, i left them there, I've heard a few horror stories of them being attacked by bears so I want the IR type, no light to give away it's position to anyone or anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts