New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to get over to the Miramichi as often as possible to fish. I have to drive through Cumberland Bay, Coal Creek, Chipman etc. to get there and I am always looking for these Turkeys. Wednesday of this week just a minute before the Chipman Government Garage there they were in a field on my right. This was around 7:45 am and at least a dozen birds,or was it a mirage, because DNR says they won't live here. Yeah, right.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I try to get over to the Miramichi as often as possible to fish. I have to drive through Cumberland Bay, Coal Creek, Chipman etc. to get there and I am always looking for these Turkeys. Wednesday of this week just a minute before the Chipman Government Garage there they were in a field on my right. This was around 7:45 am and at least a dozen birds,or was it a mirage, because DNR says they won't live here. Yeah, right.
Typical responce from DNR!
They really have now idea about turkeys. Or, they are programed with these uneducated responses.

Wild turkeys are native to Newbrunswick. The population is growing.
Join the NWTF and help us!

Cheers

·
Registered
165 Posts
They have been breeding and living fine here in Cumberland Bay for the last 5 or 6 years , seeing more and more flocks every year .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts