New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The citizen's arrest and self-defence act, tabled Thursday in the House of Commons, will recommend that Canadians be given a "reasonable amount of time" to make a citizens arrest if they discover someone has committed a crime on their property or in relation to their property." Daily Gleaner.

I know this relates to theft but if you read between the lines "crime in relation to their property" this means that land owners will have an opion to control "their" land.

Seems ***...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
"The citizen's arrest and self-defence act, tabled Thursday in the House of Commons, will recommend that Canadians be given a "reasonable amount of time" to make a citizens arrest if they discover someone has committed a crime on their property or in relation to their property." Daily Gleaner.

I know this relates to theft but if you read between the lines "crime in relation to their property" this means that land owners will have an opion to control "their" land.

Seems ***...
I don't think so, the trespass laws in New Brunswick are pretty weak, and I don't see someone sticking around for you should you attempt to make a citizen's arrest on them for walking through your lot.

·
Registered
404 Posts

Seems ***...
I'm pretty positive that this all stems from the case this past year of the shop owner in Toronto I believe it was . The man owned a fruit store/market , the store owner and empoyees saw a man stealing and called the police , took a long time for them to come and he was gone and police didn't seem to care . The theif came back second time same day but the store owner and employees chassed him down and locked him in there van untill the cops came . The cops charged the owner and employees will forceful confinedment and were arested and eventualy the judge let them off but it created outrage with a lot of canadians . It was on the news for a long while , government had made a comitment then to put something on the books for those type situations .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts