New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
How easy and how noisy are the comercial climbing stands that are out there
i had a climber for a bit, and found that it was noise every time you used it both going up and down the tree. i have since gone to climbing sticks and hanging stands at least they are only noise when you put them up. & you don't have too have a perfect tree with no limbs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gonehunting, what brand of climbing sticks and hanging stands do you use and are they hard to get into? The platforms I've seen look very small.

i had a climber for a bit, and found that it was noise every time you used it both going up and down the tree. i have since gone to climbing sticks and hanging stands at least they are only noise when you put them up. & you don't have too have a perfect tree with no limbs.

·
Registered
192 Posts
What was the brand of climber you were using? I have read alot about the Summit treestands and everyone talks about how quiet they are.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have a summit climber and I think they are quieter than many other brands but any climber is noisy to use compared to a hang-on that is already there. The trees that they can be used on a very limited as the tree must be fairly straight and uniform and free of branches. It's a pain, and dangerous, to get 3/4 of the way up and then having to readjust your cable because the tree is narrowing so fast
. It's also noisy if you have to cut any limbs going up as well. I like the sticks as well but they aren't any quieter or faster to get you into a tree than a climber IMO, helps with a limby tree though. Mostly I prehang 1/2 dozen stands and use screw in steps. If I'm worried about theft then I use bolt on steps on the bottom few and take the steps off when I leave so if they want the stand they will have to do some climbing to get to it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a summit climber and I think they are quieter than many other brands but any climber is noisy to use compared to a hang-on that is already there. The trees that they can be used on a very limited as the tree must be fairly straight and uniform and free of branches. It's a pain, and dangerous, to get 3/4 of the way up and then having to readjust your cable because the tree is narrowing so fast
. It's also noisy if you have to cut any limbs going up as well. I like the sticks as well but they aren't any quieter or faster to get you into a tree than a climber IMO, helps with a limby tree though. Mostly I prehang 1/2 dozen stands and use screw in steps. If I'm worried about theft then I use bolt on steps on the bottom few and take the steps off when I leave so if they want the stand they will have to do some climbing to get to it.
Bowtech, what type of hang on treestands do you use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.