New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone knows of wear one could pick up a cloth gun case that is small enough to folder up and put in your pocket, but is legal to walk out after dark? As I drug my case with me to my deer stand which is a 10 minute walk I thought, I wish I had a cloth case that I could fold up and put in my pocket.

Anyone know if they exist?

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
pickup a "GUNSOCK" from canadian tire..

·
Registered
531 Posts
Most gun dealers have gun socks. They can be folded up & put in your pocket...or just wrap it around your neck like a scarf.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I assume the gun sock is legal fro walking out with after dark?
As long as it is securely tied, it should be legal for after dark. I know my bow sling is legal, and when installed on the bow, it is considered cased, and the sling can be removed in under 5 seconds. When we are duck hunting, we often get in after dark, and DNR has met us more than once coming ashore, they have never questioned the sock.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yes a Gun Sock is definitely legal, as long as it's tied closed. Some come with a string that you can easily tie, and others are extra long so there's enough fabric to tie in a knot. I always keep a sock in my vest, because you never know when you're going to need it. I go in before sun up, and come out after dark, so a case is a must.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Princess Auto in Dartmouth (perhaps other stores as well) had army surplus scarves that were actually tubes. I sew up one end and attach a shoelace to the other and that is my gun sock that goes over a scoped gun without a struggle. They cost about $5. Much easier to use than the standard gun sock and also makes a good scarf.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts