New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a place to comment on Sussex Fish and Game's EXPO held this weekend.
Comments good and bad with contructive critisms are beening asked for, and how did you here about the show (which form of advertising)

Anyone?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well i just got home from the show and i have to say i had a great time...it was nice meeting dave and talking about this site and hearing what he had to say. Overall i have to say the show was good. I think other years it was better but i got some great buys and met a lot of people. Hope every had a good time and hope your all looking forward to the season cause i know i sure am.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Was at the show friday evening, and as always had a blast.
Had a chance to take in Perry's fly casting seminar...WOW! Very impressive.

It's too bad the show couldn't be held in a bit larger location. Friday evening there was a large crowd making it a bit hard to get up & down some of the aisles to see things. I was fine with that though...that just meant I had to spend a bit of extra time browsing..making a longer Christmas wish list to give to hubby!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was there this morning and thought the show was great. I like that it is held in Sussex because it is close for me but a bigger venue (or same location but partialy outdoors under tents maybe - weather dependent?) might soon be needed because it was quite crowded. I always love seeing Dale's taxidermy work on display. It was great meeting Dave and chating briefly about this site. I heard the dates for the show first on this site but I also heard quite a bit of radio advertising this past week.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My biggest concern was the pricing on firearms.$70-200 higher price on firearms makes you not want to buy local and go the mail catalogue route.Even with the shipping and handling it is still cheaper to go Cabelas and Wholesale.Everyone had their"show prices" but I still find them high.I asked one dealer if they could do better on the price and was told if I didn't like the price don't bother him. because that was the price.Plus side is being able to look and buy the little things you can't buy at CT

·
Registered
495 Posts
I was up, enjoyed it. Lots of people up there that I knew, met some of the folks that hang out here.

I wish that they had an ATM machine on premises, I would have bought more

I found one of the Vendors (not naming names) that when asked legitimate questions about their product were outright rude. We were basically told to go away, and handed a business card to call them after the show. Its a real slap in the face when considering a product that starts in the $4000 range. If they did not know the answers to the questions, they should have just said so.

Business card went in the trash and you can be sure that the product they were representing will not be considered or recommended by me.

Other than that experience, it was a great show. Looking forward to it next year.

• Upvote
Reactions: styk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here's a place to comment on Sussex Fish and Game's EXPO held this weekend.
Comments good and bad with contructive critisms are beening asked for, and how did you here about the show (which form of advertising)

Anyone?
I very much enjoyed the show and was very impressed with the Sussex F&G club organizers. I would have liked to see a better selection of airguns and targets for same. In all great show.
Soldier

·
Registered
255 Posts
The show was great IMO as always...i do agree on the ATM lol...the guys working the QDMANB booth on Sunday were super fantastic lmao...wish i could have could have time to hello to Dave...we were busy though...Cheers Bam

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
went to the show on fri nite...
was a good show
will agree though
was busy and alittle crowded..they could use a spot with alittle more room!
this was my first time going...
like to see alittle more bow equipment there
but i did enjoy it!
good job guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts