New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This first picture is of a moose my brothers fatherinlaw shot Thusday morning in zone 18. Huge 25 pointer. I snapped a few pics as they were getting it out.

The second pic is a moose I called out Saturday morning using a electric moose call. He was seriosly exited and I got him within 30 feet of my truck. I had no tag but figured I could find someone if a moose came. Most vocal moose ive ever called. And the biggest lol. He is very similar to shanmels moose in the gallery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is definitely the moose my dad shot for sure. I compared racks and they match. Did the wardens happen to see it? He said the wardens drove by and told his buddy the moose was there.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol yes it is the same moose. Couldnt believe it yesterday when I came on the site and seen your pictures. Had to post one of the ones I had of him lol. The game wardens were there too.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a mini phantom and the call used was estrous cow. When he came it looked like he was on a rope. He would get too close and id scare him away then hit the call and he would come right back.

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Just curious, how much would it run us to have a head mount done for a moose?

We haven't caped ours, I'll probably just do an antler mount, but my brother's curious as for general pricing info?

Also, how long do I have to wait for the skull plate / bone marrow to dry completely before forming my mount form and what is best to use (sprayfoam, bondo, etc.)?

Sorry to highjack topic but any info, would be greatful.

4evrhunt, that is one nice moose in that trailer, and a black legged monster on the road! Looks like he just came out of the shoe polishing belt!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts