New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
meh deer can pick two scents apart, If you smell like a cover sent to a deer you just smell like a human with cover scent on them. I would be more concerned about scent elimination, I started to really do it this year and it has paid off. I do the whole thing wash clothes wash body seal clothes in scent free bags, the whole deal. It does help. Cover scents arent all they are said to be.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
hahahhah oooooooooooooops I didnt see you had this in the coyote hunting forum SORRY yes for coyote i dont think it would be a bad idea but not sure what I would use, Blood lol jj

G

·
If you get a chance, have a good round with the wife and then go to the woods. The coyotes and bears will start following you around!!

If that don't work, try the skunk essence. It might work on the dogs, but won't help with the wife at all!

·
Registered
726 Posts
OK were do you get skunk essence.or mink oil??????????
Should start finding some roadkill skunk on warmer days. Find one that isnt to mangled and milk the anal glands with a hypodermic needle and a baby food jar...put a piece of inner tube stretched over the baby jar with an elastic holding it there...once you extract the essence then just push the needle through the inner tube and empty the syringe.....make sure you get the green/yellowish thicker stuff. If your getting that in the needle then your in the right spot..Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts