New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our group missed out on a 21 point bull the first day. One of our spotters seen it in a chopping and texted us to get up there. When we arrived 10 minutes later it went into the brush line and was thrashing with the calls but wouldnt come out.
Friday Morning once again the bull stayed inside the brush line but didnt show himself at all. Ten minutes after 7 a big cow showed herself at approx 300 meters and I took a shot at the shoulder and had a good hit. She started trying to run out through the middle of the chopping and I fired a couple of quick shots missing both in the excitement. My partner fired as I was reloading and hit at the very top of the moose above the spine and it dropped. I ran through the chopping like I never ran before and put the finisher in the head. She landed right beside a big piss hole. It was one of the best hunts I ever had. There is nothing better than having both guns blazing. Unfortunitly the 270 wsm with the 140 grain bullet blew the front shoulder all to pieces and it had to be removed. The meat cutter asked what I hit it with and was supprised at the damage that this caliber does. Myself I rather waste alittle than leave a wounded animal.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congrats, browning!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Congratulations. Sounds like a fun hunt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts