New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I am dying to try hunting coyotes and have one question about it. Can you attempt this using the same methods you see on WILD TV. I live in southern NB and dont want to spend the cash and see no action. Do any experienced dog killers have some tips.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i will tell u how i hunt dogs.i built a shack 6x6 on a high bank over looking a small river. when the river freezes over and is safe to go on for safety sake u should know the river if u take up this method.u should know where the shallows r and deep holes stay away from deep holes and fast running currants thats where the ice is thinest.now when it is safe to go on i put out bait like beaver meat scraps from butchers.i wait for crows to find the bait crows r your calling card do not shoot the crows.if the crows feel it is safe so do coyotes.i sit in the coyote shack watch the crows bald eagles bobcats and shoot the odd coyote. my shack is also insulated and heated. great way to spend an early morning or after noon till dark.you could also do this in feilds also.ps i also freeze down the bait because if u do not coyotes will lug it of eat it in the safety of the woods i freeze it down in small tubs fill with scraps and fill with water let freeze take out to bait site.i also place the bait 200 yrds away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts