New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Snowmobile groomers(drivers) have seen two moose killed by coyotes last week 2 different areas in Neguac (40 kms north of Miramichi). One moose the coyotes (3) had it on the ground, hope this winter doesn't screw up the herd. Less tags is all we need !

Hats off to all coyote hunters out in the woods....

·
Registered
50 Posts
If coyote's are killing moose, just imagine the deer. Here in Moncton area it's pretty sad. "Snow", when you drive this area, everyone lives in a tunnel. You can't see any houses, just roofs. The deer must be in bad shape. I did a little coyote hunting this winter, but the bait would just get covered up every second day, no luck but I'm going to try to go out in the next few weeks. Varmit's license is a good investment, save the deer. Just graduated from the trappers course, next year coyote traps for shure!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Was out snowmobiling Sunday about 5:30 pm. We never went 1 mile out the back road and there was a moose on the road. It could not get off the road as the snow banks were about 8 ft plus high.We just slowly pushed it along as I knew there was a place around the bend that he could get off. He found it and over the bank he went and ended up in the snow half way up his chest. He had to work hard to get through the snow. I sat there and wondered how the deer will survive at all.

About 5 miles away there was another moose. They are feeding along the edges of the back roads , at least the ones that were plowed a few times.

Was talking Saturday morning to a neighbor who has been trying to cut tamarack all winter to feed his outdoor furnace. He said as soon as he cuts down a tree , 8 deer are eating at the buds. He says they are real thin and hungry.

I think we are real trouble with deer in the south this winter.

Deer don't seem to yard up around here like they used to.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Was out snowmobiling Sunday about 5:30 pm. We never went 1 mile out the back road and there was a moose on the road. It could not get off the road as the snow banks were about 8 ft plus high.We just slowly pushed it along as I knew there was a place around the bend that he could get off. He found it and over the bank he went and ended up in the snow half way up his chest. He had to work hard to get through the snow. I sat there and wondered how the deer will survive at all.

About 5 miles away there was another moose. They are feeding along the edges of the back roads , at least the ones that were plowed a few times.

Was talking Saturday morning to a neighbor who has been trying to cut tamarack all winter to feed his outdoor furnace. He said as soon as he cuts down a tree , 8 deer are eating at the buds. He says they are real thin and hungry.

I think we are real trouble with deer in the south this winter.

Deer don't seem to yard up around here like they used to.
I think the problem is there is no place left to yard up,
In my neck of the woods anyway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was ski-dooing this afternoon in the Miramichi/bathurst area and there was a dead moose just off the trail. Looks the coyotos got it. The moose and deer must be having a hard time in this hard crust snow. The poor moose, they didn't leave much of it. A lot of moose tracks walking right up the trails. They must be tired of walking in the deep snow. Feel some bad for the moose and deer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts