New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have no coys on the rock,do you have mixed feelings,about them being around,hard on deer,but they must provide good winter hunting entertainment.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do you mean "rock" as in NFLD Labrador? I think most people hate coyotes, but yes they are another fun thing to hunt during other seasons but they kill deer and pets.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey alpha max I am going to give coyotes a go for the first time this year.I have been skunked for some years now in the deer hunting game, so I look at coyote hunting as a new winter hobby so ya I say lets blast'em and make the best of the situation...lol.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do you mean "rock" as in NFLD Labrador? I think most people hate coyotes, but yes they are another fun thing to hunt during other seasons but they kill deer and pets.
Nevermind, rock must mean Grand Manan lol, I'm dumb

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats right NFLD is referred to as THE ROCK ,i guess that would make GM ,{ THE PEBBLE }.I am glad we dont have coyotes here but it sure would be fun to SMOKE EM ! I BET.

·
Registered
31 Posts
alpha max you should be happy that you don't have them or the deer hunting on grand mannan would change forever. You would love hunting them but they inturn love to hunt deer. If you ask most mainlanders, most of us would tell you that they are a huge problem that never goes away. But if you want to come kill some,the crownland in the saint-george district is crawling with them. They deffinitly aint going away so we make the best out of a bad situation by making target practice out of em.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our only problem here is dog owners that dont believe in tying or penning their dog.Last year a dog was shot in bow season,survived only to be seen in gun season chasing a deer,still had shaved side and stitches from the vet.When the guy was confronted he said to mind your own business.I wonder if a predator call would work on domestic dogs,way back in the woods i mean.I actually bought one,but havent tried it yet.Last year we say a dog trail they were using quite regular.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Our only problem here is dog owners that dont believe in tying or penning their dog.Last year a dog was shot in bow season,survived only to be seen in gun season chasing a deer,still had shaved side and stitches from the vet.When the guy was confronted he said to mind your own business.I wonder if a predator call would work on domestic dogs,way back in the woods i mean.I actually bought one,but havent tried it yet.Last year we say a dog trail they were using quite regular.
I don't know about the call but i'm sure the rifle works on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts