New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in at DNR last week, and was asking about crossbows for 2011. They were saying that no one was talking about them too mutch(goverment), and if they were going to alow crossbow hunting for 2011, some action should of been takin' by now. So in there opinion, it doesn't look good for crossbow hunting for 2011. I had looked into crossbows last year, informed myself on them and with DNR. DNR wasn't shure, but they thought that if crossbow hunting was accepted, that the goverment might start by puting it during gun season to start slowly and to be able to manage deer population. With time they "might" slide crossbows into bow season. To me it looks like the goverment is not quite shure what to do with this crossbow thing and for me I wanted to expand on hunting, so I started looking into bows and found a 2008 PSE X force at a good deal. So I did what anyone would of done, I bought it. So I'll be bow hunting this fall and that's for shure!

·
Banned
348 Posts
A couple of years ago I was hoping the gov't introduced crossbows but now I don't care either way. After watching some of the donkeys on Wild TV, I have no time or desire to bow hunt or crossbow hunt. I hope NB bow hunters are better shots than them. I might consider crossbow hunting if I needed to hunt the "Monster" closer than 400 meters from a house.

Congrats on your bow and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts