New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just looking for a good area to blast some crows around Freddy Beach not really sure where to go. I see them in the woods but it seems to be rare and they usually don't stick around very long. Thanks in advance for any responses!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've used a call in areas that I couldn't even seen a crow and they usually still come. As well, I made a half dozen silhouette decoys out of coreplast and painted them black. It seems to keep the crows coming back for longer after the shooting starts.

Half of the decoys are the shape of a crow sitting in a tree. I attached 20 lb test fishing line to those and then a good size fishing weight to the other end. To set up you just unravel the string, throw the weight over a branch up in the tree where you want the decoy to go and then pull it up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can any one confirm the distance from the dump that you have to be? in the hunting handbook it says same as normal regulations does that mean that there is a special regulation for the fredericton dump?

·
Registered
925 Posts
We have thousands in the fall that roost on campus overnight. They always come from down river.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the same boat, found out theirs no varmint hunting at cfb gagetown this year and started looking for a place to get some crow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Islands in Keswick are GREAT Crow hunting! Just set up on the edge of a corn field (doesnt even need to be on the islands) and let the games begin! The crows eat the corn so the farmers like people shooting them. Just take a look around and make sure you are the min distance away from houses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts