New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave,

Can you make it that people can't batch delete their topic titles? Maybe make an exception for the classifieds perhaps? Just seems like there are a lot of holes in the threads right now.

Just trying to make a suggestion.

Thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
X2

Very good suggestion, WR!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is there something wrong with the site. You cant make heads or tails of a pile of the post here lately or Im I missing something. It ran only 50 ft. ..... See what I mean it did it again.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Well I have heard that some have had their accounts deleted which takes all their previous posts and know of some who have left on their own - or will be leaving as they are not happy with the site (may have deleted theirs too??).

Quite a disappointment really...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well I have heard that some have had their accounts deleted which takes all their previous posts and know of some who have left on their own - or will be leaving as they are not happy with the site (may have deleted theirs too??).

Quite a disappointment really...
Yes if that is the case there needs to be some serious thought about how this site should operate. As it is they should be erasing all info on this and starting new. Its really p*ssing me off when I spend 20 mins reading something to come to a bunch of stuff that make no sense because pieces here and there have been erased. Guess this goes to show you new is not always better. This site has taken a dive.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Hello everyone. Before this spirals out of control, let me clarify a few things... Recently there has been a surge in spam accounts which required a clean up. Unfortunately some accounts of members (who were flagged as problem members on this site) may have been removed with the spam accounts. This could have resulted in some holes in conversations and for that I apologize however a massive account clean up was required to clear the site of the spammers. Additional security has been put in place and will be enhanced if necessary.

As for the operation of this site, I can say without question, owner/operators of a site of this scope are constantly between a rock and a hard place with regards to rules and operations. If members wish to remove all of their own posts and topics, I believe they have the ability to do so themselves. On our old site platform, we did not allow members to do this as easily and that ruffled feathers so it is a lose lose situation.

This site is in a period of growth and with it comes many challenges which are being addressed to the best of our ability. Your patience is required and appreciated.

Sincerely,

-dave
Site Developer/Operator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts