New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rabbit hunting yesterday and some moose had moved into the area. The moose were dragging there bellies in the DEEP SNOW. approx. 4' of snow in the open areas. ugh.

Seen coyote tracks also RIGHT ON TOP. They were all through the area also. Was waiting to come across a kill site, but never did.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Ya I was out falling trees for my firewood yesterday. I had the snowshoes off a few times and sunk down to my waist and still didn't hit ground.

·
utopiahunter
1,446 Posts
yeah i thought it was bad down here was up to st davids ridge the outher day calling couldnt see over the snow banks on the road i was sittin on my shoes while callin with my legs hanging.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Good thing I like to fish, if not there would be no upside to all this snow. Whenever I get depressed about the snow depth, and likely the increased winter kill this year, then I just think about high water in the rivers come fishing season.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bunny hunting yesterday? I thought the season ended Feb 28th? But what do I know, I've been wrong before.
I hunt in Maine. Hunt hare's till the end of March over there. I hunt everywhere I can and take advantage of all the different seasons and bag limits to boot. Be turkey hunting over there in a couple of months...

·
Registered
531 Posts
here's a few pics taken on Caledonia Mtn this weekend.

·
Banned
223 Posts
here's a few pics taken on Caledonia Mtn this weekend.
WOW CG that's insane. Thanks for sharing. For height perspective on that snowbank, you're 6'4", right?
Just kidding.

Not that bad up around Fredericton area. I had to dig, more like chisel, a drainage ditch away from the house today to get rid of the melt water on the driveway. Good to see we are turning the corner on winter.

·
Registered
531 Posts
WOW CG that's insane. Thanks for sharing. For height perspective on that snowbank, you're 6'4", right?
Just kidding.
lmao...if you minus 1'1" off that, you're right on the money with my height!

I'm a shortie...but that's still a huge snow bank!

The snow on the mountain is insane. DOT is currently snowblowing some of the banks to try to widen the roads as the plows just can't throw the snow that high to clear the roads!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
LMAO...Wonksy are you into the rum again?!

C'monnnnn

1 - 20 of 20 Posts