New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what to use for deer feed/bait. I've tried apples but the bears keep getting them. i have also put salt on top of my apples to discourage the bear but no luck they still eat them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi i was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what to use for deer feed/bait. I've tried apples but the bears keep getting them. i have also put salt on top of my apples to discourage the bear but no luck they still eat them.
I have monster mix in the shop, all the feedback i am getting is the deer love it, throw a little every time your out, the boys tell me that the deer got the ground all tore up where they spread this stuff.

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey outdoorsman,
ive had the same problem and actually i put two boxes of salt on my apples and the bear stayed away, but ive changed it up quite a bit this year and the best conclusion ive come with is that i figured out my bear's routine, and the deer that visit my stands routine, by visiting every couple of days, im figured out when to refresh my bait pile so the deer will get at least some of it. Ive used beef mash, apples, and salt licks this year and all have been very actively hit.
Your best option now if you know that you or you had deer visiting you bait is to now just throw out a couple of apples, or even after your sitting pick them apples up and take them off site with you. This will allow for the deer to slightly change their routine time of checking your bait... This i have heard from many people. Never personally tried it so i cant tell 100% if it works, but easily something to try.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I use horse/cattle pellets.

Works as good as any commercial stuff I have ever tried.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have monster mix in the shop, all the feedback i am getting is the deer love it, throw a little every time your out, the boys tell me that the deer got the ground all tore up where they spread this stuff.
I was interested in trying out some monster mix but the shipping was to expensive. Where is your shop located and what is the name?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts