New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, hi to all of you. I'm new here. I have lost my husband and hunting partner to Cancer 2.5 years ago and i am trying to get back to hunting. I had been hunting in the Plaster rock region for close to 30 years but now since i'm alone, it wouldn't be safe for me to go there with no one to check if i'm back from hunting at night. I tried to post an ad on kijiji asking if someone had a place i could park my trailer to hunt but the only answer i got was from a Québec guy. :(

I have always hunter on Acadian Timber land and never on private land. So i never asked for permission.

My question to you guys is this. Would i be wasting my time trying to ask for permission to hunt deer? I would never go on someones land to hunt without permission. I just want a quiet place to hunt. What's your experiences trying to gain permission?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Hi Chipie,

Welcome to the site, we have a lot of knowledgable members here and I'm shure some of them will more than happy to try to help you out.As for deer on private land( my take) is you kinda have to have a landowner that you know that has private land with game. And ALWAYS have permission from LANDOWNER to hunt his property!!!

By the way sorry for your lost!!!

Stand tall and keep hunting. AG and fellow members

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have found most landowners (mainly farmers) to be open to hunting if you approach them before season but not when they are real busy with cropping. Explain who you are and what you are looking for. Always be respectful of any wishes they have and it usually isn't too hard. If you need some contacts pm me and I'll make a few calls for some contacts if you can let me know a specific area.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Already someone want to help. I guess i shouldn't be surprised since real hunter are usually good sportsman and great people. But having tried a few places already, i didn't think i was going to get help. The only person wanting to help me received threats from his neighbor warning him that if i (or anybody else) went hunting on his land, he would put sugar in my truck's tank. Because he was hunting on this fellows land(uninvited) and didn't want me there. The land owner still wanted me to go but i didn't want him to get in trouble so i didn't go :(

I will pm you Bowtech.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Anticostiguide for helping. My husband wanted me to continue hunting after he was gone but i sure i not easy. I had never hunted without him and never towed a travel trailer lol I managed to get a nice buck the year after he died and it was a bitter sweet moment. I cried like a baby. He lived to hunt and thought me everything i know about hunting. I would never on anybody's land without permission. I'd stay home instead. And when i camp with my travel trailer, you can't even tell it was there after i'm gone. Also, i still believe in respecting other hunters and their hunting spot. It's sad to see that less and less hunter respect others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts