New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...opening morning for me wasnt a bad one!!!
i didnt have much traffic at the blind.
I have them coming to my apples but havent touched the corn yet!
not as much sign around as last year!
so..i was sitting in my blind...nice and quiet...when all of a sudden World war 3 broke out!
i am sitting 12 feet in the air and about 3 kms from the edge of the army grounds!
well..machine guns and tank fire was going off like they ran into a bunch of al queda!
i damm near jumped right out of my blind!
even when the tanks went off i felt the concusion from the blast!
so i went for a walk about(as they say in australia) and seen 3 doe down at the edge of the field next to the river!
they didnt stick around long....but who could blame them with all that gun fire!
so..that was my opening morning!
well....i went to my blind in claredon....and the bears cleaned up my apples...that is 5 bags of apples in 3 days!
now i am pissed!
i went to the store and picked up some kipper snacks....set them out 10 yards from my blind and waited for the bear!
he was a no show.....i think he knows i am pissed!
i was sooo mad i even took the kipper snacks out with me to save for another day!
that bear is gonna have heart burn when i do see him...and not from the kipper snacks either!lol
and to top it off...i was getting to the blind and put a few apples out to freshen them up...set my bow down....tunr around to dump hte apples and slipped on a pile of bear S%$*&(*$ and stepped on my bow and bent one of my arrows!

dont think i did any damage to the bow...we will see tonite!

so..looks like i will be hunting deer in the am and bear in the pm!!!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
That's quite a day in the woods.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol....yes it was quite the first day!
and no i dont think i did damage the bow!
seems to be fine!
thanks

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well...
i was out tuesday afternoon...
about 6 30 out came a small doe...
then right behind her was another one...come to find out it was a doe and 2 kids
sat and watched them for about 45 minutes
they knew i was there...but couldnt smell me!
momma came within 5 yards of me...sat and looked at me for about 5 minutes....sniffing and walking in circles to try to get a wiff of me....yes the !
i thought she was gonna come join me...but i think the ditch stopped her from coming right in!
then the 2 kids came and played around...sniffing...eating...blowing at me and stomping ...i thought it was cute...so i blew back...it was fun to play with them...lol
then i brought out the phone camera...starting taking pic...when my flash went off over they came!
it was almost like they wanted there picture taken...! kept coming closer and closer!
dancing around while i was taking the pictures!
thought it was cute!
i think i have shot more deer with the camera now than i have with a rifle or bow!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well...starting to see alot more sign in the woods lately...anyone else seeing the same thing?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Had my little girl out to check out a blind that we set up and I'll only get one morning to hunt it and that's tomorrow. Anyway on the way in we seen a 2 year old 8 point. His neck looked like it was starting to swell and he was in the process of making a scrape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts