New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting anxious to get my deer and bear back from the taxidermist, Wondering if you guys would post up a few of your mounts you have Deer bear moose ducks whatever you got, lets see em

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Just getting anxious to get my deer and bear back from the taxidermist, Wondering if you guys would post up a few of your mounts you have Deer bear moose ducks whatever you got, lets see em
I'd post a couple of our mounts, but unfortunately they're all in the camp, and I can't get down there in all this snow. I'll see if I can't find some pics here of them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
between 350.00 and 400.00 depends on where you go. nice mounts archery nut.

·
Registered
134 Posts
here some of mine, first to the left, Misourie Bow buck, midle Boiestown buck, and last from Saskatchewan. waiting on 2 other Sask bucks...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Great looking mounts there guys. I have never mounted a deer head before but thought about getting some done someday. Maybe the next nice one I get with the bow!

Great deer guys, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Great Mounts folks, personally I'm starting to really like the ones that aren't mounted on a plaque, something about them coming right out of the wall is great.

My Father's got a huge "half bear" mounted in his "Gun Room", I'll see if I can get one of my parents to snap a picture and I'll post it. I know it doesn't quite fit NBDH, but that's some trophy.

·
Banned
247 Posts
PSEHunter, any word on your mounts? mocasonman36, love the mane on the second pic. I've only seen one other deer with a noticeable mane. That's cool stuff. Archerynut, I hope my first bow buck is as nice as yours! Gonna scrounge up a couple pics from the archives and post. Sadly, the pics of my "buck of a lifetime" didn't come out too great (20 min after dark) and I didn't get a daytime pic before I dropped him off at the butcher. I'll post a pic of the mount tho
Anyone else? Let's see 'em!

·
Banned
247 Posts
Here is a pic of the mount of my first buck. He's no monster but getting him is a moment in time I will never forget.

Here are a couple of pics of my 2005 monster. My "icing on the cake". I got him 20 minutes or so before last light. Pics didn't come out too great. He was cruzing pretty fast through the area. Stopped up just long enough for me to get a shot. There must have been a more aggressive buck in the area. He was beat up pretty bad. His G2 on his right side was broken off at the main beam. He has 14 points with two drop tines. He dressed out at 197 pounds. Would like to know what he weighed at the first of the season...

People said I might as well quit hunting after I got him! I got a small 8 point the year after and was just as happy
I didn't get him mounted, he's about the same size as my first deer. Gotta get the rack mounted on a plaque though. I probably will never beat my '05 deer, but I don't care. I have enjoyed every season since whether or not I have gotten a deer. I just love being in the woods!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts