New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my hands on a great report written by DNR about the Factors Affecting the Abundance of Deer Browse on New Brunswick Crown Land.

The report is available through DNR at your request.

The biologist did their reaserch, compiled the data and wrote the report. Just goes to show the politicians don't care about the DNR or the deer for that matter. All that matters is large companies like Irving.

Have a look at a few pages I scanned and posted. No wonder we have few deer on Crown Land.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got my hands on a great report written by DNR about the Factors Affecting the Abundance of Deer Browse on New Brunswick Crown Land.

The report is available through DNR at your request.

The biologist did their reaserch, compiled the data and wrote the report. Just goes to show the politicians don't care about the DNR or the deer for that matter. All that matters is large companies like Irving.

Have a look at a few pages I scanned and posted. No wonder we have few deer on Crown Land.

Lots of "downstream" problems with herbicides. Most that use them got no idea as to their impact outside their intended targets.Others don't care. Glyphosate actually changes the soil bacteria for up to 20 years.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So we as hunters and fishers should band together and pressure our MLA's to do something about this. This report confirms what we have all known for years.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Bucknut I think you should email this to lobsterman and see if he could get this printed in the times and transcript! ;)Maybe we could even get a few tree hugers on our side.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Not sure why you can't view them. Everything is fine on my end. Try right clicking the red x blocks and then try opening them with the drop down menu that appears.

This really needs to get out to inform the public. I would imagine even the people in DNR are mad the government could care less on their findings. It's all about money $$$$. The funny thing is the government paid the biologist and DNR workers to gather the data and produce such a report. Funny how these types of reports are not sitting on the shelf with the other pamphlets/literature for the public to take at the DNR offices when you buy your licenses.

It's not only deer but all the other wildlife that depends on our crown land to survive. Moose, bears, small game, birds etc.... It affects all parts of the ecoystem.

Things have to change!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Here we are spending $5 for a conservation fee everytime you buy a license only to see it used to do nothing. And a $5 restocking fee over and above the conservation fee on fishing licencses. Ironic isn't it? No woods means eventually no fish either. The brooks giving super cooled water all summer long dry up and the rivers get hot. Fish die! Not hard to figure out.

I would imagine even the Atlantic Salmon Federation would like to see this report. They know to well about all the spraying around the heardwaters of the salmon rivers. But then again I'm certain they wouldn't want some of their generous members who are working for these big spraying companies to get upset.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here we are spending $5 for a conservation fee everytime you buy a license only to see it used to do nothing. And a $5 restocking fee over and above the conservation fee on fishing licencses. Ironic isn't it? No woods means eventually no fish either. The brooks giving super cooled water all summer long dry up and the rivers get hot. Fish die! Not hard to figure out.

I would imagine even the Atlantic Salmon Federation would like to see this report. They know to well about all the spraying around the heardwaters of the salmon rivers. But then again I'm certain they wouldn't want some of their generous members who are working for these big spraying companies to get upset.
Bingo Glyphosate is really bad on the environment..Water,soil.fish,birds,mammals,,,diversity in general. The whole spray out the hardwoods we need softwood is just more human arrogance...
Like "we know what is best for the forest and its creatures". The hardwoods that grow in succession are there for a reason , that being poor harvesting techniques.

I hate to say this but got to......The Industrial Forestry Complex has changed the forest diversity in this province for at least the next fifty years IF spraying stopped NOW.

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
No wait, this can't be.....I've been shorting my lungs out on this site for the last 3 years about herbicide / pesticide application having completely wiped out what we knew was a very healthy Northern Crown Land Deer Herd and have repeatedly warned Southern NewBrunswickers that same practices in Crown South will eventually offer same results....but this can't be true, I've been called an idiot on my theory, and by some pretty knowledgeable people I might add....now this report published by our very own Provincial Biologist team would corroborate the theory???

....I'm at a lost of words, surely there has to be another explanation, poaching, party hunting, heavy winters, road kills.....

Great read BuckNut

PS: I'm getting my hands on that Pekins and Tarr Report....

·
Registered
120 Posts
The truth IS out there! Keep digging,Bucknut,who knows what you may find? I will tell you this much,the deeper you go,the scarrier it gets!Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
925 Posts
There has been a fair amount of studies and reports done on glyphosate but until Irving stops controlling the forestry section of our government nothing will change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts