New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Denis Landry, DNR Minister of NB, talked with CBC Information Morning this morning. Could someone post the discuss later today?

There was nothing informative about the discussion with Terry Seguin, as Mr. Landry found a way to not answer the simplest of questions posed by Terry. Mr. Landry will likely blame his response on his lack of English communication skills; however, it is clear that DNR simply has no scientific rebuttal to the fact that softwood mono-plantations and herbicide use on Crown lands has decimated the deer herd and put other wildlife species are risk.

We all know winter causes fluctuations in deer herd levels; however, with a healthy forest the deer numbers will always rebound. This is not happening. Mr. Landry, without realizing it, through DNR's silviculture practices under the bus. He mentioned that herbicides/plantations have been used since 1982 and yet we are only now discussing the low deer population. Mr. Landry, the deer population has decreased since the late 80's, dramatically, and can't rebound. 1 + 1 = 2

When politicians, who have no scientific expertise, begin disputing scientific evidence, you realize we have a problem.

If this doesn't boil your blood and make you take action, then nothing will. The system is not balanced.

·
Registered
425 Posts
A public display of ineptitude such as this, by someone who should be well versed and ready to discuss, may be a blessing in disguise. The more these guys fumble and dodge their responses when asked tough questions, the more evident it becomes our government is acting in poor faith and ignoring proven science.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Be Nice if things were at least close to being "balanced".. Not so right now me thinks.. :angry:

Dude should google the word balanced...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Was this our Minister of Natural Resourses,or one of Irvings top employees.I remember back in 1982 when Premier Hatfield and Bud Bird signed a new forestry deal an older friend of mine told me the forest will be cut beyond believe.I believe it is.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Problem is a lot of the ppl in this province for some reason keep voting red and blue. And if there is an issue no one has the backbone to do anything about it. When someone does call BS they get the boot. Just like Jim patriot a pc elected official got the boot after calling BS on the alward government about duality. Need all new faces in government. Just think of the scandals that has gone on in nb. An old one back in the news again. Atcon, the list could go on.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
yep....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Liberal Gov't put the Chief Medical Officer on leave because she was working on a study of herbicide glyphosate. The article is on CBC website.

Unreal

·
Registered
425 Posts
The Liberal Gov't put the Chief Medical Officer on leave because she was working on a study of herbicide glyphosate. The article is on CBC website.

Unreal
The more a person reads, the more there seems to be blatant interference, ignorance, and who knows what else by our government. I can't help but wonder if there won't eventually be people prosecuted out of all this. There probably should be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts