New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys , it's one thing to ban a member and to delete the offending post(s) , but to delete all of the members posts is way over the top .

A lot of time is put in to many of these posts both in posting them and also often times into researching them .

I have not agreed (or disagreed)with all of GS's posts over the years , and some I too thought crossed the line , but this time it's the Moderators who I believe have Crossed the line .

Members like GS and a handful of others are the bread and butter of this site . If enough guy's get pissed off at heavy handed BS like this and leave the site it will be as dead as your NB Fishing site is now.

Have a nice day .

GG

·
Registered
699 Posts
Guys , it's one thing to ban a member and to delete the offending post(s) , but to delete all of the members posts is way over the top .

A lot of time is put in to many of these posts both in posting them and also often times into researching them .

I have not agreed (or disagreed)with all of GS's posts over the years , and some I too thought crossed the line , but this time it's the Moderators who I believe have Crossed the line .

Members like GS and a handful of others are the bread and butter of this site . If enough guy's get pissed off at heavy handed BS like this and leave the site it will be as dead as your NB Fishing site is now.

Have a nice day .

GG
Agree with you 100% GG.

Why erase all posts? It pretty much ruins alot of the threads - some don't make a bit of sense now - especially if someone hasn't been following along.

The fishing site sure has gone down hill - have a feeling before long this might too??

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Ya I wouldnt care if they left the decent post, but gs was just on here to stir the pot, Ya no he or she will be back under another name and be just as annoying

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I was wondering what happened to the posts that some were referring to in a couple threads, went back and checked and they are all gone, now nothing makes any sense.

·
Registered
125 Posts
They were banned?! I never heard about this, but it does make sense now that I've read around. I know GS was a good member, with interesting topics, posts, etc., and I can't understand why she'd be banned. I also know of Cobequidoutfitters who was banned for posting about the show he would be on. Personally, I was glad to have found out about our wonderful province on tv! It's great for guides, outfitters, etc., why would that get him banned? I love this site, and I'm just a new member, but it really sucks to see so many people are being banned.
Sorry if I'm wrong and maybe they did actually deserve to get banned, but thats just my opinion.
-Dirtroadhunter

·
Registered
531 Posts
I was wondering where CG went, so I clicked on members, than on to CS name, A VERY interesting read there, It will NOT be there long. Sorry CG, I think you just done your self in.
Sorry to see you got the boot.
lol...I think you meant GS, not CG?!?
Don't think I got the boot!

·
Registered
531 Posts
NP, maugervilleboy. It's not the first time I've been mistaken for GS.

Although, if there was any chance I could look like GS's profile pic, I'd be totally fine with everyone thinking I was "her".

·
Registered
290 Posts
Agree with you 100% GG.

Why erase all posts? It pretty much ruins alot of the threads - some don't make a bit of sense now - especially if someone hasn't been following along.

The fishing site sure has gone down hill - have a feeling before long this might too??
In my opinion, this site has gone down hill since being relaunched anyways!

G

·
Im gonna miss the spicey, man-scaring skank. Passionate, well-written, passionate, did I mention passionate....??

Take care girlfriend.

T

·
Registered
627 Posts
Greyghost, I agree that many of the deleted posts were worth reading. I think the problem may be the moderators may not visit this site as often as required. I'm not knocking anybody here, but some of the first posts that required attention were not dealt with until it got out of hand. In order to only delete the post that were offensive, the moderator would have to read every post by GS and delete every post that was offensive and leave the rest. Easier and less time consuming to delete every post by GS and suspend their posting priveleges or delete the membership.If GS were banned the profile wouldn't be here for everybody to see. At least that is how most of the sites are set up. One of the sites I used to be on had a system that had to be used by moderators. If something was posted that was offensive or broke the rules of the site, the post was to be deleted and a message sent to the member explaining why the post was removed. If it occurred again and again there was a moderator's forum where only site moderators had access. It was discussed here before anyone was banned or their posting suspended. All of their good posts were left and their name replaced by visitor. It helped keep the flow going and didn't leave everybody in the dark on the topic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts