New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did they go? I hunted Sunday morning and there were a lot of ducks around the Peticodiac River valley. Today, not one flock seen from 7:20-8:30. Any thoughts?
I know a lot of the rivers are in flood stage so it might have changed their watering hole. I sure hope they will come back because I like getting those late season mallard drakes.

Maybe the NE winds for several days in a row blew them away.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Where did they go? I hunted Sunday morning and there were a lot of ducks around the Peticodiac River valley. Today, not one flock seen from 7:20-8:30. Any thoughts?
I know a lot of the rivers are in flood stage so it might have changed their watering hole. I sure hope they will come back because I like getting those late season mallard drakes.

Maybe the NE winds for several days in a row blew them away.
The Nerepis system was pretty empty this week, too, and a lot of ducks were gone from the Saint John. I know a lot of them moved into flooded farmland for the week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Nerepis system was pretty empty this week, too, and a lot of ducks were gone from the Saint John. I know a lot of them moved into flooded farmland for the week.
Well, we spent another morning in the deer blind (close to the flyway) and we only saw one group of 6 ducks. I really think they decided to hitch a ride on all that NE wind and go further south...or maybe at least down to Sussex.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts