New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone shoot an elite or a strother bow? Both look pretty cool. Elite seems to to be a pretty popular brand on archery talk, just wondering if anyone has shot one? Strother also look to have a decent line up. Read somewhere that their older bows and better than the new ones, just wondering if anyone has an input on them.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I also belong to AT. I have never seen either brand of bow in person, but have read and seen a lot of reviews on both the Elite "Judge" and the Strother SR 71. I came close to choosing one between the two last year. Favouring the SR 71. But I ended up with the new Maitland Zeus instead. The SR 71 had some really good reviews last year. But the company was having such a problem keeping up with the demand, that a lot of buyers canceled their orders. Kevin Strother has left that company, and is now making another line under K&K archery with his wife Kate. They are offering a couple of new models right now that are to be limited to I think only 1500 units per model. if a person could get a good deal on a used SR 71 in good shape it is a really smooth "fast" bow...so everyone says. A good review for it was done by Ikes Outdoors on You tube.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Kevin Strother was behind the design of Bowtech bows, as well as Elite, ans Strother. My Tribute for instance, and you can see the basic similarity in the risers of both Strother,Bowetch,and Elite...and now even the K&K bows look similar as well.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Should keep an eye on bowsites head to head, looks like there will be some elites in the line-up this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts