New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , I currently have a whisker biscuit on my bow ( came with package) and would like to upgrade to a fall away rest. Just wondering if I will need to adjust my nock loop to reset my bow, because its on there pretty good.or if the adjustments on the new rest will be good enough to re tune it

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Depends on the height your whisker buscuit was set in relation to the height your fallaway will be. They might be the same or it might not be. Will have to put the rest on and check it. If it isn't then it is pretty simple to just put a new loop on.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
flyers77: As others have said, a new loop is fairly easy to replace. And if you don't want to tackle it yourself, a bow shop can do it pretty quickly for you.
What I would do is install the new rest, and nock an arrow. Then adjust the rest prongs about 1/8 inch lower than the nock point. Try a few shots and see if the arrow lands in the target nock high or low. Then if you need to move the nock point, try and see if the whole loop will possibly twist around the serving (kind of like threading up or down) If it is really on there it might not, but is worth a try especially if you don't have to move it very much. You may get lucky and have it shoot bullet holes right where it is. Of course if the loop is showing some wear, you should just change it anyway though. Remember to move nock point in opposite direction of how arrow nock lands in target. Nock high = move nock point down...nock low = move nock point up.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
That reminds me of something that happened many years ago. It was during deer season, and I was bowhunting behind my home. After sitting in my stand all day, I came home and hung my bow up on a set of antlers mounted on the wall in our living room. The kitchen and living quarters are all one big room. Well my wife and I are sitting there enjoying our supper, when all of a sudden. "POW"!! A loud "POP"!! And tiny pieces of plastic go flying onto the living room floor. The main string on my XI Flatliner bow had snapped in two! Sending my peep sight exloding into the air! Apparently I must have rubbed the bottom cam on my treestand, and frayed the cable.

Anyway, I was fortunate(and smart enough) to have ordered a second set of cables for that bow soon after I bought it.
I used my small Bow-Master portable bow press, and changed all the cables on the bow. I measured the distance of the nocking point and peep on the old string. Then re-installed the alluminum loop at the same spot on the string. The same with a new peep sight. I took that bow outside and it shot exactly to the same point of aim, and required no adjustment to rest or loop or peep at all. Pretty lucky!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts