New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is making the fastest bow. Last I heard APA was still on top. Anyone else got a faster bow? PSE, Limbsaver and Mathews all have at least one 350+ bow for this year but I still don't see anything that beats APA's last years King Cobra and APA will be coming out with new ones in January??? Or have they announced them already?

Funny how most of the companies usually come out with just 1 fast 350+ bow for the speed freaks and the rest are more moderate.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
PSE omen pro -- IBO 366 FPS (5 1/2 brace)

APA King Cobra - IBO 362 FPS (5 1/16 brace)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I think I read on the PSE site that the ATA speed is 366fps and the IBO speed is 358fps.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
not just for PROS per say, but the low brace height makes them un-forgiving to form issues for sure..

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
No im pretty sure its ibo bowtech, pse omen is a fast fast machine, but i will admit it scares me, and i wouldnt use it for hunting, i just cant get over the brace height, and i dunno it just seems wrong for hunting for me anyways

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
mocason man trust me im a so called speed guys I love a fast bow, but 366 isnt worth what ya give up in the slower bows, stick with the more, realistic bows, anything over 320 is FAST man, just dont worry about the speed, find one that works for you, then see how fast it is

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Copied and pasted from PSE website...

PSE Omen Pro Specifications:

ATA/IBO SPEED 366-358 fps
Axle to Axle 33-5/8"
Brace Height 5-1/2"
Mass Weight 4.35 lbs
Letoff 70%

·
Registered
542 Posts
well back in the day when i was right into bowhunting i got 2 deer that i remember and 3 bears with an old used bear whitetail 11 60 pounds and we all know that wasnt no speed demon lol.one of my favorite bows to shoot was a 50 pound wooden browning until i broke it in half.the speed dont mean nothing to me just want a good dependable bow.i seem to like the longer bows the short ones just dont feel right to me .my old proline point blank felt fast to me its like 15 years old so any of the new ones will be fast enough for me.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Opps i stand corrected

Moc id suggest you try out the bowmadness xl, its smooth as butter, and quiet and a real nice bow for a good price. Unless ya dont whant a pse

·
Registered
542 Posts
yeah right on im going to check them out forsure when i go up do you know if he got his bows in yet? in fredericton

·
Banned
159 Posts
I didn't check what was still on the rack when I was in on the 24th as I ordered mine in the week before but he did have one there then. I think it might be still there just by looking at the number of bows hanging on the wall and knowing he didn't get anything in besides mine. I do know he has 20 bows on backorder and he's hoping they will be in mid Jan at the latest. Bryan isn't in this week but there is an older gentlemen in to cover for him.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vendetta is a better bow than the AXE anyway.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Yeah to some people they might like the vendetta better, either way ya gotta try em out, who knows you might even like a lower priced models,

Funny how people feel things differently, Like you can see me and bowtech dont feel the same things, in bows, I didnt really care for the vendetta, The riser has more flex in it and i thought i could feel a hint of shock after the shot and yes bowtech the vendetta is LOWDER to boot, Unlike my axe witch i dont feel anything at all,

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You should check out the Bowsite Head to Head test for 2010 and look at how the Vendetta did in the shooter class as compared to the Axe 6 in the speed class.
I mean if your gonna spend all that more money for a speed bow then you should get a good one

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/articles/equipment/2010head2head/

I with archerynutnb PSE has been making some pretty good bows lately but I just can't get over the look of them. I think even the limbsaver is better looking
I would have said the Guaudian but I don't want to insult my own bow

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
hahaha ya but i dont hav a 2010, 2011 has new cams and riser, Lol funny i think they are the sweetest looking bows out there with the skullz camo, Im just hoping bowtechs new bow insnt as good as there saying it will otherwise, i may have one of those coming along the way

But the 2010 axe is why i didnt buy it last year, I liked my hf6 better, but the 2011 improved just enought to get me one.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well now... maybe???!!?? I might consider looking at one but I ain't gonna have anyone see me shooting it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts