Savage / Stevens1418.92%
Cooper / Kimber22.70%
Thompson Center45.41%
Weatherby34.05%
Mossberg00.00%

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Might Of Done This Before On The Old Site, But Cant Remember...
So Lets Try er' Again Boys For Shits & Giggles!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am a huge fan of Remington as I haven't put one of their guns to my shoulder that didn't feel like a perfect fit.

Regardless of the recent story on the 700, I have had great luck with my 700 BDL, LH and I plan on getting a SPS Varmit rifle. That being said, I will have to lower my standards and take a serious look at the Tikka as this is one of the guns that offers a lefty version in 300 WSM.
Remington offers this caliber but in custom grade rifle which I would buy in a heart beat but I have body parts that I do not want to part with, which Mrs. Lefty would insist on for trade!

All joking aside, I am very interested in the Tikka as they are an excellent gun and get great reviews.

Ahhh a man can dream!

Lefty

·
Registered
323 Posts
Question for ya Wonsky: What made you decide to get your new baby (Marlin) in 45/70 rather than the 450 Marlin?

I am a huge fan of the 45/70 and any shell that has lasted this long in popularity, has got something going for it!

Lefty

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Question for ya Wonsky: What made you decide to get your new baby (Marlin) in 45/70 rather than the 450 Marlin?

I am a huge fan of the 45/70 and any shell that has lasted this long in popularity, has got something going for it!

Lefty
45/70 can be loaded to match the 450!!
As a matter of fact the only reason the 45/70 looks lower is because all the factory offerings are loaded "Light" due to all the 100year old 45/70's still be used today. They just simply cannot handle the pressures of todays modern rifles.

P.S.
Once you buy that Tikka...That Ol' Remmy Will Be In The Classifieds!!

Hawooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
83 Posts
Remington , guess because they have more abilities to be customized for target shooting and such , triggers etc.

Others I know favor the savages.

Got one Tikka , trying to decide to sell it or not. Only reason I have kept it this long is it was my Dad's. I hate the cost of rings for it for one thing.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got one Tikka , I hate the cost of rings for it for one thing.
Is It a T3?? If So,Ya dont need to use the Opti-Locks...You do know that eh???
Receivers are drilled and tapped as well.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
browning

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is It a T3?? If So,Ya dont need to use the Opti-Locks...You do know that eh???
Receivers are drilled and tapped as well.
Yea I do know that. Newer stuff is one thing. Stuff , say 15 years old is another whole thing.

The whole "got to buy their stuff" about __NON__ North American firearms kinda cheeses me off. The Tikka experience is just mine I guess.

Have heard of lots of others have had a bad experience getting parts from foreign manufacturers ( US is bad enough). Some even have had to get parts made to get use from their shooten iron.

I tend to look ahead to some respect. What if there is a greater control by government on the moving of parts and accessories than there is now.

Few years ago a friend of mine had his Old M1 Benelli sit for seemed like forever waiting for a part.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Why Remington of course!...But I have to admit I have been outta the rifle circuit for quite a bit since I took up the bow.

But after nearly 32 years of service my old deer slay'en 700BDL 7mm Mag... pretty much says it all!
I bought it in 1979 for $400 bare rifle. I also had another 700ADL in .308 for a bit.
As well as a 788 in 22-250...and a nylon66 .22 also.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Is there anything else beside Savage?
I hitting what your aiming at is the most important function you think a rifle should have, well NO there isnt...
Has any other company came out with a fraction of the features, models and calibers as Savage in the past few years?? I'ts not even close!
Cdog

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hitting what your aiming at is the most important function you think a rifle should have, well NO there isnt...
Has any other company came out with a fraction of the features, models and calibers as Savage in the past few years?? I'ts not even close!
Cdog
I Was Waiting For You To Show Up!!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts