New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone's favourite type of sight? I don't mean the actual brand, but more along the lines of "Single Pin", "Fixed Pins", etc.

Do you use different setups for hunting/3D/Target?

Just curious

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have used both multiple pins, and single pin sights. I now prefer the single pin with the adjustable range dial on them. Like my HHA.
If I were to go back to multiple pins, I prefer the "Vertical" in-line set-ups over the horizontal positioned pins.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have used both multiple pins, and single pin sights. I now prefer the single pin with the adjustable range dial on them. Like my HHA.
If I were to go back to multiple pins, I prefer the "Vertical" in-line set-ups over the horizontal positioned pins.
Thanks AN! I tried out a single pin sight today with an adjustable dial, I thought it was great, seemed to give way more visibility than the horizontal pins. I should probably have mentioned that.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I also have used both, And I prefer the single pin sight, Mine is a hha, but i really like the spott hogg single pin sights as well. I use to use my hha for 3d as well as hunting, but I now have another sight I use for the 3d shoots. But come hunting season the hha will be back on. Im actually looking for a 3 pin sight right now, but the only reason I whant it is to shoot hunters class in the 3ds, It wont be used for hunting.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i love my HHA adjustable single pin....
no guessing what pin to use when you see that deer thru your sight

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sights?? On a bow?? Really?

Just kidding! As a trad guy that shoots without them, I always find it interesting to learn more by following discussions on bow sights.

Don't want to be left out I guess.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I prefer fixed horizontal pins. I have tried the single moveable and inline verticals but always go back to the horizontal fixed. I find with the single moveable most guys never move it anyway on normal hunting ranges and is one more thing to do and if you aren't moving it, it has lost the main benefit. I really don't like the inline verticals at all, pain in the rear to see and use for me. The horizontal fixed works for me. I can estimate whether branches are going to interfer with my arrow or if I can shoot through a particular hole at in between distances in a glance, no moving the pins, just pick the appropriate pin and shoot.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Multi pin here as well.
works, thus see no reason to change ..

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts