New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
4 more last few days.. just small ones still looking for that big 10 point side...can't find it yet! :(

12647723_10153765272650351_361886137_n%2
IMG_0024_zpsglm8dzg6.jpg
IMG_0022_zpsxu8ctoe0.jpg

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
went out this afternoon looking for the other side of the big 10 point....having walked to where he shed the first antler i looked around in some deep snow but nothing.. I was just going to check my camera,maybe to find out he was still

holding the other side! Having crossed over to cut barley field i seen some fresh tracks in the snow...mosnter tracks... then i looked up!!! there she was!! looks like the buck just shed the other side last night.. held onto it for 8 days!

i was some happy!! :)

20160201_140113_zpsra683rne.jpg

·
Registered
149 Posts
How the heck did I reply 3 times oh well,nice shed Carll.I,m going to send you a personal message sometime soon.I found a nice heavy 4 point last Friday morning real heavy,thats 5 this winter.Keep up the good work. Nice as they laid photo,s. Dave.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
thanks dave

I seen that shed you found...dandy one! Good mass on him....find the other side yet? :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Carll,the shed I found has a 7 inch base.Those are real nice sets.Four sets and it,s only Feb. yet.One or two more days of cutting wood and I,ll be done,then some bone hunting,hope it don,t snow.Dave

·
Registered
149 Posts
Carll,found another 4 point shed Friday,got out before the snow started,almost as big as the other one.Thats it for awhile now.I have a set of spikes here still on skull brother in law gave to me,they must 10 inch spikes on them,longest spikes Iever saw.Dave

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
found 4 today one old sucker crewed to pieces! .. i did FINALLY match the other side of the big 8 pointer...Very good Deer LONG tines only missing is brow tine length! good to see the snow gone now..deer got it made!

The one in the green grass spotted it doing about 50mph lol stopped the truck backed up ..looks like TINES to me... :lol:

IMG_0005_zpskbxmyjuj.jpg
IMG_0004_zps3epatbom.jpg
IMG_0002_zpsqjdoqb23.jpg
IMG_0006_zpsazoux6d7.jpg

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow been a good year for you Carll.Have,nt been out lately,hope my back feels better tomorrow may get out then to see if Ican find some bare ground.Maybe corn field or hay field.Drop in if your up this way.Dave

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Thanks Dave.....that 8 point going to be a monster in few years

i notice this year the more you find the easy they are to spot.. takes training in the eyes and look 180 deg .. walk in circles and take ur time..Sometimes i walk to fast... ^_^

·
Registered
149 Posts
Carll,Iuse a grid pattern a lot in cuts and fields,circle a lot around orchards.Anybody cutting cedar in your area would be a good place to look around,if there was deer around there.Apple trees to Carll. Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
i dont know what im doing wrong ive been out prob 10 times. found few dead, one from this year ...and about 10 golf balls .i been where theres lots of deer sign everyone else seems to be finding lots dont know what im doing wrong

21 - 40 of 53 Posts