New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another F'n trail camera stolen! Not to mention deer stand vandalized!
Locked in a lock box and secured to a tree.
I do have an idea who stole it as they left some evidence at the 'scene'.
This is my second one stolen this year!

If anyone comes across a Moultrie I-55irxt for sale - PM me

·
Registered
627 Posts
Trail camera must be an easy sell amongst thieves. Sure are a pile of them stolen. I haven't lost any, this year and I'm bringing them in this week. I have saw the odd one for sale on kijiji , and I'm guessing that's where they are being sold. Sorry to hear about your loss. Too bad someone couldn't catch them and give them a lesson in respecting other people's property.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I get your frustration. I had to build an entirely new stand two weeks ago, because someone stole mine right off private property. It would have to be a lot of work to steal a permanent stand. You'd think it would be just as easy to build your own as it would be to steal one.

·
Registered
867 Posts
yup use the cheaper ones for the game and use the cellular to watch them from a hidden location
Pretty pathetic that you need a game camera to watch your game camera.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really think it was kids. This stand is close to town and I could see someone walking there.
I've been there for 4 or 5 years and have never had anyone touch the stand or walk by the camera.
Like I said - I do have some evidence - but its going to be hard to catch up to him and prove it...its a work in progress!

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Hope you get them Si. terrible is all I can say. Marsh n Meadows too....stolen deer blind, what's up with honest hard working people deserving a bit more respect than that come on... Thread lightly, cause I have learned the hard way that criminals have more rights in this Country than law abiding citizens...

petty theft, a few $hundred bucks.....but it's not about the monetary value is it??? Golly!

For this I am calling the mighty hunting Gods upon you and blessing you with a monster whitetail buck to go besides your gigantic bear LOL! Good hunting!

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Damn what is the world coming to! Stands, game cameras, stuff in my trailer during moose hunting(actually got the Rats!) Hunting is going downhill fast...sad but true!

AG

·
Registered
27 Posts
there are just way too many idiots and just don't give a shits out there , last year I came back from visiting a buddy's camp about 2 in the afternoon and found a suv parked in the middle of the field behind my camp about 200 yards from the building . I stopped them on the way out to see what was up and they said there was no one home so they thought they would sit on the hill where they could see the whole field . I told them it was not a good idea "not exact words" and took their plate number just in case . checked the camp cam and they had been in the yard but nothing touched

·
Registered
456 Posts
Must be something in there air..had someone break into my uncles stand on Monday afternoon, on private land..we were gone from 1130 til 3 that's when he was in..pryed the lock off stole a cheap pair of tasco bino's, 2 deer knives, 2 hot seats an e-caller..funny part had to laugh the guy must have spent half hour and a lot of work to pry the 4 lag bolts holding the lock when he could have just slid open the window in front of the stand..little short on brains I guess...found his tracks know where he walked in from...may have to hang a stand and hunt something else

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wouldn't you just LOVE to walk up behind him as he's 'at work' - sad thing is - you'd be going to jail - not him!

I am thinking now - I might as well just put my cams on the trees with straps like I used to - that way they wouldn't have to work so hard at the lag bolts and trying to get the cam out of the lock box - hate to see them have to work too hard to steal something that I bought with my 'hard earned' money!! sigh....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Probably would be better, bucksnducks. With all the hard work they have to exhude, they might hurt themselves and put a lawsuit against you!

I often think that the people who are stupid, ramp it up for moose season and pull out their best stupidity but this year, these people are doing an encore performance for deer season. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Must be something in there air..had someone break into my uncles stand on Monday afternoon, on private land..we were gone from 1130 til 3 that's when he was in..pryed the lock off stole a cheap pair of tasco bino's, 2 deer knives, 2 hot seats an e-caller..funny part had to laugh the guy must have spent half hour and a lot of work to pry the 4 lag bolts holding the lock when he could have just slid open the window in front of the stand..little short on brains I guess...found his tracks know where he walked in from...may have to hang a stand and hunt something else
WOW!!
First thing you want to ask him "Does anybody know you are here?"......then proceed accordingly with swift trial and sentencing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So hypothetically speaking. If I have a "game" camera watching my"game" camera and capture a picture of somebody stealing my "game" camera. If the picture is on a"game" camera wouldn't that make the thief game? Pretty sure that would allow them to be shot? I could be wrong but it seems pretty logical to me. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts