New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well drove my son home tonite and decided to stop and check a cat pen I had built over a month ago. There had been no activity at this site other than a porcupine and the odd rabbit. When I was walking in a set of cat tracks started up the road in front of me, they were very fresh the lines were sharp around the outside edge and all the toes were very easy to distinguish, even with the fresh snow falling. As I approached to where my pen was the tracks headed right towards the direction of my pen. Sure enough I got there and he walked right into my snare. Tagged out on this big tom. I got back to my truck and my wife thought I was having a heart attack ...lol..He was just caught like within a half hour of my arrival...20170205_193559_zpsppd6b6t2.jpg

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats , that is a big male for sure , Hope you end up getting a good price for him , it is all about the Belly Fur !!!.. Pretty exciting to follow a set a tracks when you have sets in the area....
Ya I was pretty excited walking in...my heart sure was pounding. Should be interesting what it brings, I took my time and did a good job putting up the fur so here's hoping ....lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.