New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out dog hunting/post season scouting,saw where one followed in my wheel tracks,maybe comning to the call.Then on the way home saw one on the road about 300m,there happened to be a branch road between us so I pulled in it.By this time the yote was standing broadside looking at me at about 200m.I thought I'd try a call anyways,so I set the call down and crept over to the treeline and hit the howl button on my call by mistake.I thought I was surely busted,then I hit the CT distress and about 10sec later I could see him through the trees charging my way.He skidded to a hault at about 50 yards and I was already drawn.He stared in the direction of the call for about another 10sec and then turned to walk away,I put my 50m pin on him and sent one right over his back.I ranged it after and it was 42m.I was ready to go buy a new varmint gun but I just gotta stick with the bow now.

·
Registered
925 Posts
That would be a rush!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'd rather shoot a coyote with my bow than just about anything else, almost

That would be a highlight for me! You don't get that many chances at a yote with the bow, I would consider it a rare trophy!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was pretty awesome to get an opportunity but like BT said it would be a rare trophy and it would be sweet to get one.Guess I need to do some 3-d shooting to help my range estimation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts