New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the forum for about a year now and I must admit, rarely have I contributed. However after reading several posts on several different topics it appears there is a general anti-forestry attitude on here. Phrases which have been used to label the industry have included but are not limited to, "Destruction of forests", and "Crown land mismanagement".

If you've read this far, you've probably guessed already that I work in the forest industry here in NB, and have for some time. I would like to think that I can for the rest of my career. I bet there are others on here who also make a living working in various capacities in the idustry, who are all hunters, fishermen, more importantly sportsmen.

This topic as it relates to hunting always ruffles feathers, even I myself see things which I may not agree with while on the job. I'd like to open this topic up to a discussion on anything forestry, whether it's plantations, growth and yield, logging practices, forest spraying, etc, so that some of those who need answers can get them and perhaps we'll end up with a better understanding of what actually takes place, even if we don't necessarily agree with it.

Okay, a recent comment (Sorry Bullseye) to get this started, stated that spruce trees don't grow well on sites where sugar maple grows. This is not so, as a matter of fact they grow better since these sites are very well drained, and high in nutrients. I am not by any means saying I support cutting hardwood and planting softwood. So let's have them boys, what do you really need to know, or what do you really need to understand? Hopefully the other folks on here who work in the industry can help me out with it! (Or we can all keep b*itching about without knowing anything about it)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Griff not sure if your aware but you have this topic posted in wild game recipe forum. Pretty sure you would get more responses if it was in maybe "gone hunting" forum? Not being critical just saying thats all. A repost there might be helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts