New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Dave, I could have sent you a pm for this. But didn't want you to think it was an emergency.

With the site down this morning,(I assume)..I was wondering if you could set up an automated notice to all our email addresses letting us know it is a web site problem. Occasionally my links on my desktop don't work. And I have to do a search and find another link. No real big deal. But ...i'm lazy
.....would be nice to know when it is down for repairs etc.

If not thats ok....Thanks ANNB!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gee....just thought..I hope that "this" thread (since it is in site stuff section) didn't send an automated message to you anyway Dave!!
...oh oh....I might be in trouble for bothering your Sunday slumber!
...I'm outta here!.........

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Hi nut. While that is indeed a great idea, unfortunately during those rare times when the site/server is offline, I am unable to send any mail to members as that is all contained within the server

Hopefully there won't be many instances of the server being offline (fingers crossed).

-dave

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hi nut. While that is indeed a great idea, unfortunately during those rare times when the site/server is offline, I am unable to send any mail to members as that is all contained within the server

Hopefully there won't be many instances of the server being offline (fingers crossed).

-dave
"Unable to send notices because that is all contained within the server".

That kinda makes sense now don't it?
....Well don't "I" feel "DUMB" now! LOL!

Well I am a "NUT"!

Ok...now would the 165 viewers that already read this thread please come back and read how stupid I am! LOL again!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hey Bob! Please call me and tell me when your phone lines are down!

Hey Bob please text me if the battery in your cell phone dies!

Hey Bob if you car runs out of gas come pick me up and we'll go get you some!

Hey Bob if you run out of 12gauge shells ...just use 20gauge!
...no wait "that" won't work!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
"Unable to send notices because that is all contained within the server".

That kinda makes sense now don't it?
....Well don't "I" feel "DUMB" now! LOL!

Well I am a "NUT"!

Ok...now would the 165 viewers that already read this thread please come back and read how stupid I am! LOL again!
No AN, it's not a stupid question at all. It really just depended on the type of system Dave had in place. In order to get something like you wanted, he would need to implement an outside monitoring application that generates emails when it can't reach the website. The problem with these are that they tend to generate a lot of false-positives, which could make it seem like the website goes offline every day.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
No AN, it's not a stupid question at all. It really just depended on the type of system Dave had in place. In order to get something like you wanted, he would need to implement an outside monitoring application that generates emails when it can't reach the website. The problem with these are that they tend to generate a lot of false-positives, which could make it seem like the website goes offline every day.
I see......and so you think that your reply will make me feel "less" dumb...eh?

.....well....it does!
...thanks!

I also just thought about how many e-mail notices that would have to go out as well.
And a good majority of members are not necessarily returning members.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I see......and so you think that your reply will make me feel "less" dumb...eh?

.....well....it does!
...thanks!

I also just thought about how many e-mail notices that would have to go out as well.
And a good majority of members are not necessarily returning members.
Yeah, logistically it would be a nightmare

There are now over 800 members, but it seems the same 12-15 of us post on everything

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey Bob! Please call me and tell me when your phone lines are down!

Hey Bob please text me if the battery in your cell phone dies!

Hey Bob if you car runs out of gas come pick me up and we'll go get you some!

Hey Bob if you run out of 12gauge shells ...just use 20gauge!
...no wait "that" won't work!
LMAO!!!

Your original post was actually a really good question. something I'm sure alot of us have wondered....and have just never asked!

This post I almost spit my pop on the screen! Thanks for the great laugh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts