New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear someone is trying to start a Fredericton chapter of the NWTF. Who can one contact to become involved in this?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I hear someone is trying to start a Fredericton chapter of the NWTF. Who can one contact to become involved in this?
Come to the dinner in Saint John. You can meet everyone that you will need to talk to!
April 2, 2011 Saint John Trade and Convention center.
I can arrange tickets for you? We have some people in Fredericton that will deliver?

Cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come to the dinner in Saint John. You can meet everyone that you will need to talk to!
April 2, 2011 Saint John Trade and Convention center.
I can arrange tickets for you? We have some people in Fredericton that will deliver?

Cheers
Unable to attend April 2. Is someone in Fredericton organizing a chapter? Can you give me a contact person? I'm sure many would join if the cost isn't prohibitive.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi Gerry

I have heard several people mention starting an NWTF Chapter in Frederiction, however when I suggested that they organize the chapter and they will need a President, Vice-President and a Secretary/Treasurer and some committee mbrs they change their mind. As for anyone who is specifically planning to start a chapter in Frederiction I haven't heard anything but talk. Currently there are two chapters in NB, Sussex and our chapter in Saint John. Rob Wilson (Whaler) is the President and I am the VP. Brian Smith from Machias Maine is the Regional NWTF Rep and his email address is [email protected] should you want to contact him and pursue this further. If you had 6-10 committed volunteers you could put together a chapter, it would be hard to do with only two or three people. We started by inviting the Regional Rep to an "Information Nite" and at that gathering we determined that there was sufficient interest to start a chapter. We held a meeting a few weeks later figured out who was willing to volunteer for the main positions and signed the paperwork to create our chapter. It wasn't difficult, the hardest part is getting a core group of volunteers together who are dedicated to getting wild turkeys into NB. The only event that you have to committ to holding is the Annual Hunting Heritage Banquet / Auction which is a fundraiser. We have never been closer than we are now to getting a trap and transfer program in place to move truely wild turkeys from Ontario to NB and start building on the small turkey population that we currently have in NB. Another chapter in Frederiction would help to shore up more public support for our plan to reintroduce this majestic bird to NB. If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Bill Gass
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts