New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just wondering what would be the best thing to get to help with making a plot, Something to drag behind atv comes to mind. The few areas i have in mind have never been tilled up or nuthen, Im not looking to spen 1000s of dollars and would like to do it as cheap as possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not too sure if an ATV would pull a plough, or if I would want to, ATV's are a bit light for that kind of work.

When the ***** tore up a buddies lawn, we tied an old bed spring to the back, threw on a dozen cinder blocks and towed it around for 30 minutes... It stripped all the dead grass off, down to the dirt, and we just re-seeded it. It looks fine now, and we even fattened up a wack of birds too.

If you really want to till it, get a trailer, and take in a gas tiller. Providing you don't need to get serious offroad.

For the cinder block trick, you should tie them down with mechanic's wire, we didn't but it would have been easier if we did, as we had to stop every few minutes and relocate them to the front to put drag down.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I found an old disc (one where there is a rider) and my 350 Honda tows it. I also have a spring tooth harrow that I will use. Not sure what I will use when it needs to be plowed in a couple of years. Guess I will have to find a friend with a plow/tiller and tractor. Or buy a tractor.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts