New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of some good guides in maine for turkey hunting? I'd like to be able to shoot a gobbler in the spring haha.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Dan Bothwell / Mike Pohopek from M B Guide Service

www.mbguideservice.com

Last year was if you didnt see a turkey you didnt pay. Not sure about this spring.

Check em out

·
Registered
375 Posts
Email Brian Smith, National Wild Turkey Federation representative for Altantic Canada and Maine, im sure he will have a contact list. Brian contact number/email is on the NWTF website. Good Luck.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Orin Young - bountyhunterguideservice.com

I went last spring and shot two toms both around 20 lbs. My buddy that was with me also shot a good tom and passed up jakes all week.

I recommend his services to anyone that asks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey this is great, I'm sure that you will have a good trip as there are lots of gobblers in Maine. You should email your MLA and let him know how much money that you would have spent in NB if we had wild turkeys here. Our Saint John Chapter of NWTF will be having our Annual Hunting Heritage Banquet on 02 April 2011, there will be lots of auction items, prizes, and firearms to be won. Seems that my table is always lucky, just not me. At our Banquet last year a buddy sitting at my table won the .243 Cal Mossberg Bolt Action Rifle and at the Sussex Banquet the guy siutting beside me won the gun of the year 20 gauge semi auto NWTF edition.

Bill G.

·
Registered
515 Posts
We will have a Wild Turkey Hunt in Maine at our dinner coming up in April 2nd.
You can meet the guide as well as he will be at the dinner!
I went with him last year and had a great time.

Get your dinner tickets for Christmas!

Gobble gobble!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm looking at going to Gunsmoke Lodge in Brownville in the Spring. Anyone here deal with them before or hear good reviews?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts