New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The day started not so well, got the my hunting spot around 7am this morning but my stupid my scope kept fogging up from the inside. I've spent an hours trying to get the fog out of it trying to warm the stupid thing. At around 8 it was finally clear, so I decided to go for a walk the woods around the cutting where I found lots of fresh tracks while cursing at my scope. I had been walking for about half and hour when I caught some movement in front of me, it was going towards the cutting, I didn't know if it was a deer or anything but for some reason I decided to walk toward the cutting too just in case. When I got to the cutting, he was waiting at about 75 yards broadside. It went about 50 feet and dropped.

Good thing the the 300WSM did it's job, the scope started to fog up again about 5 minutes after the shot. So I guess I'm due for a new scope.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Congrats! Great 8 Pointer and awesome story.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congrats Lager!!

Glad your scope cleared up BEFORE you saw the deer!

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
In order to be counted as a scoreable point, points have to be at least 1 inch long, measuring from an imaginary intersect line where the outer curve of the main beam slices thru the base of the point.

You harvested a basic 8 pointer, with a sticker point and an extra point on the right main beam, making it a 10 pointer in your book, but an 8 pointer in the record books (points are too short)....but who cares? LOL!

Great deer and enjoy it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
In order to be counted as a scoreable point, points have to be at least 1 inch long, measuring from an imaginary intersect line where the outer curve of the main beam slices thru the base of the point.

You harvested a basic 8 pointer, with a sticker point and an extra point on the right main beam, making it a 10 pointer in your book, but an 8 pointer in the record books (points are too short)....but who cares? LOL!

Great deer and enjoy it!
Yeah, that's what I tought but I was starting to wonder. I am in a contest and they credited me with 10 points.

They give you 1 point per FD pounds and 10 per points...
My deer weighted in at 217 FD and they gave me a score of 317.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Nice buck! Congrats.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Way to go Marc! Congratulations!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts