New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Doe tags on the island are being dropped back to around 200 from almost 500,Rod Cumberland was down this month to a GM Wildlife meeting,not sure if it will be this fall or next fall when they get it through.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Doe tags on the island are being dropped back to around 200 from almost 500,Rod Cumberland was down this month to a GM Wildlife meeting,not sure if it will be this fall or next fall when they get it through.
Yes, it will be this fall, he has seen a decline in the number of does taken the past few years, the buck harvest was actually up this year.....
Maybe this will help with our ''tresspassing'' problems!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do you think it will,because most of the complaints were later in gun season.I think people just come here because they think there are a lot of deer,you dont need a doe tag to come here and hunt.It would be interesting to hear from some hunters that came to see how they made out,and if they had many sightings.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Do you think it will,because most of the complaints were later in gun season.I think people just come here because they think there are a lot of deer,you dont need a doe tag to come here and hunt.It would be interesting to hear from some hunters that came to see how they made out,and if they had many sightings.
One of the points he made was that people willing to travel look at out application sucess rate, its100%, this year there is no chance of that happening, a lot of the guys that come here are just looking for any deer, cuz there aint nun where they come from!
I also think when they land here this fall they will be discouraged from the sea of yellow discs every 100 meters!!

·
utopiahunter
1,446 Posts
I know one guy that won't be there i'v shot rabbits bigger than the deer over there..should put up that if anyones looking for a deer and they only want one zone 26 usually has a 100% rate on doe tags i think they issue around 50 but very few put in lots of islands to hunt and lots of deer.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Is that law yet? I thought there was a long, convoluted process to dropping tags that involved lots of biological data on deer, winter severity, etc. I don't think anyone knows antlerless permit levels until after April. Did he really say definitively how many there would be for 2011?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Is that law yet? I thought there was a long, convoluted process to dropping tags that involved lots of biological data on deer, winter severity, etc. I don't think anyone knows antlerless permit levels until after April. Did he really say definitively how many there would be for 2011?
According to him there was very little red tape going this route and it was the simplest of the options presented to us....
He said he would have to crunch a few numbers but his ballpark guess was to drop from 500 to 200~300 for this fall.....

·
Registered
495 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to see most southern zones slashed drastically if not outright closed after this winter....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts